There are three types of groups in the application:
- Student Group - A group of students within a classroom or course.
- Course Group - A group of courses or classes. Depending on the user role, a Course Group may include only the courses assigned to one teacher, or may include similar courses in a school or district.
- PLC Staff Group - Members of a PLC work collaboratively to create items, assessments, score assessments, view reports and analyze data for all students that make up the PLC.
In this lesson, we will review the process for creating a new Course Group.
Where to Start
From the Launchpad, click on the Lines icon on the far right of the Top Menu Bar (1), then select Groups (2) to open the Manage Groups page.
2. After opening the Manage Groups page, click the Course Group tab. This is where you can create new Course Groups and manage your previously created groups. To create a new Course Group, select Create Group.
- Select Courses:
Select the specific courses you want to group together by checking the box next the course name, or select all courses by clicking in the box in the header. You can also use the search box to find the courses you want to group together.
- The tab, Selected Courses, will display the number of courses selected.
- Name the new Course Group.
- Click Save. A message will appear confirming this action. Click OK to continue.
Return to the Group Manager:
Click on My Groups to return to the Group Manager to view your groups.
Edit/Copy Course Groups
- Edit / Copy Course Groups
For Teacher Level users, the new Course Group will be listed with an open box next to the Group name. You have the ability to edit, copy, delete, and rename the Course Group using the Functions icons.
- For District and School Level users, your new group will be listed in the Group Manager with an open box next to the group name. You have the option to keep the group Private (only you can view it), Semi-Private (select specific users to view it by using the pencil icon), or make it Public (all users can view it).
- You can also edit, copy, delete, and rename the Course Group by using the Function column icons.
Please see the Help document, Groups: Managing Student and Course Groups, for more information.
To learn more about groups in SchoolCity, see the lessons in SchoolCity, Groups.