A Collection is a tool for organizing assessments within Manage Assessments, similar to a folder. The ability to create and manage Collections is controlled by permissions.
This lesson will review how to create and manage a Collection from the Teacher Level user view.
Admin users may want to review the Default Role Permissions article for more information about granting Collections and other permissions for a user level.
To access Collections, the Collections permission in the Assessments tab must be enabled for a user's given role(s). This can be turned on at the Teacher, School, and/or District level, depending on the user access level selected for the role.
- Teacher Level users may create and manage Collections for assessments they create, and may view School and District Collections.
- School Level users may create and manage Collections for School assessments, and may view District Collections.
- District Level users may create and manage Collections for District assessments.
Where to Start
From the Manage Assessments screen, click the Manage Collections (1) button in the top right corner and select the Collection level (2) based on role permissions.
Once on the Manage Collections screen, click the Create Collection (3) button to proceed to setup.
From the Create Collections screen, the Collection name (4) ¬¨‚Ä†will be required before clicking Save (5).
Use the filters (5) to narrow down the assessment list and click Refresh (6). Clicking the assessment title in the Assessments Search Results box will cause the assessment to automatically populate in the Selected Assessment(s) box (8).
Click Save (9) to receive the confirmation message that the test has been added and then click OK (10).
- Select the Copy icon under Functions.
- Select the School Year of the new collection.
- Select Start & End Date of the new collection.
- Enter a name for the new collection.
- Either enter a Prefix, Suffix, or Replacement to update the names of the assessments within the collection.
- Use the slider determine if the PRA should also be copied.
- Select Save.