When creating an ExamView assessment, the Setup screen is the last step to complete prior to publishing an assessment. This article covers the Setup features and options available.
The final step in creating an ExamView assessment is to determine the administration details.
Administration Window - Depending on the district default, normally the assessment window is set from the current date for 30 days. You can manually change the dates by clicking on the calendar icon, then choosing the date range of your assessment. Click on Apply to save your date settings.
- Method of Delivery - Scanning and GradeCam™ are paper/pencil methods using a scan-able answer sheet. Online assessments are administered through the Student Portal. More than one administration method may be selected, unless you are using multiple forms/versions.
- Enable Browser Lock Down - (for districts that have licensed Respondus LockDown Browser) Slide the toggle from (gray) No to (green) Yes to enable.
Online Settings - If you are administering the assessment with an online answer sheet, slide No to Yes to view the online settings.
Answer Sheet Template - If administering the assessment on paper using scan sheets, determine which answer sheet you will use individual or class roster. Click on the view icon (eye) to view each layout.
Bubble Size - Determine which size bubble you prefer for your answer sheet. Click on the view icon (eye) to view each size.
Answer Sheet Printing Start Date - Determine the date when answer sheets can be printed before the Administration window start date.
Scoring End Date - Determine the ending date that Constructed Response items can be scored after the closing of the Administration window.
- Personalized Review Assignment - Create reteaching assignments based on assessment standards.
Click on the icon to view a short description of this property.
Duration - If delivering online and you want the test to be timed, slide No to Yes, and determine how many hours/minutes you want to allow students to complete the assessment. Click inside the time boxes to select the desired duration.
Default Time Increment - The duration can be increased or decreased by a set number of minutes as needed during the testing session.
Time Window - Determine the beginning and ending times you want the assessment to be available to students.
Days Window - Determine which days the assessment will be available to students.
Properties - Select the properties you want for your assessment.
- 4 Digit PIN Verification - Pre-selects the requirement of a 4-digit PIN number for students to take an online assessment in the Student Portal.
- Auto Activation - Scheduled students will be automatically activated to take the assessments once it is published.
- Auto Reactivation - Once a test is activated, students will be able to re-enter an assessment during the administration window as long as the assessment has not been submitted for scoring. The following scenarios will allow the student to re-enter the assessment if auto-reactivation is enabled: student closes/refreshes the browser; the application times out; connection to the Internet was temporarily lost; student clicks the exit button.
- Display Item Details in Student Portal - Pre-selects display of item details in Student Portal when reviewing scores. This allows students to see the correct answer as well as their answer on all test items.
- Display Timer - Pre-selects the display of the timer (countdown clock) in the Student Portal
- Thermometer - Pre-selects the display of a thermometer that visually shows raw score, percent correct, and performance level (if applied during setup) immediately after the student submits an assessment for scoring in the Student Portal.
Online Tools - Check the box next to the tools you want students to use while taking the assessment in the Student Portal
- Calculator - The three levels of calculators are Advanced, Basic or Scientific. Only one may be opened at a time. Tutorials on using each of the calculators can be viewed at http://learn.desmos.com.
- Equation Editor - The Equation Editor is part of the CKEditor text box formatting tools. There are four levels of editors: Elementary, Algebra, Algebra with Trigonometry, and Advanced. Students can use the CKEditor to write the equation in the space provided and click OK to enter it into the text box for scoring.
- Media Upload - The three media types that Students are permitted to upload as a part of a Constructed Response and Writing Prompt item are Audio, Image and Video.
- Translation - The Translation setting permits the setting of approved languages and students may select the tool to redisplay the text while in the Student Portal in the approved languages.
The Translation Tool is only available when reading html text. It does not read text from PDF or other image files.
- Answer Eliminator - Allows students to cross out incorrect answers.
- Color Contrast - Allows students to adjust screen background or font color.
- Dictionary - Allows students to look up words during online testing.
- Geometry - Allows students to use Geometry tool during online testing.
- Graph - Virtual graphing paper in which students can add points and form lines.
- Highlighter - A tool to highlight text in various colors.
- Line Reader - This is a moveable, resizable frame to help students read without losing their place.
- Notes - Allows students to click on the talk bubble to make a note to themselves and/or the teacher. The note is moveable and resizable.
- Periodic Table - A tabular arrangement of the chemical elements, ordered by their atomic number, electron configuration, and recurring chemical properties.
- Picture Dictionary - Allows students to look up visuals during online testing.
- Pop-ups - Allows pop-ups setup in the Markup Panel to be viewed in online testing.
Pop-ups applies to Online Item Bank assessments only.
- Protractor - A protractor for measuring angles.
- Rollovers - Allows rollovers setup in the Markup Panel to be viewed in online testing.
Rollovers applies to Online Item Bank assessments only.
- Ruler - A ruler to measure length.
- Spell Check - Provides spell checking and word suggestion assistance for students when completing Constructed Response and Writing Prompt items during online testing.
- Text Magnifier - A tool to enlarge or shrink text.
- Text to Speech - A tool to read aloud to students in the Student Portal.
- Zoom - A tool to enlarge or shrink text and controls.
- Previous, Save, Save & Close, Publish: If you need to go back to a previous step click Previous. If you are done with your selections but are not exiting the system click Save.