Once Smarter Balanced results have been uploaded into SchoolCity, the data can be viewed and analyzed by using three SBAC Reports. The SBAC By Student Report displays overall student performance data as well as performance in each claim area. The SBAC Demographics Profile Report displays subgroup performance data by School, Grade, and Teacher (depending on User Role). The Summary Report displays overall performance or claim performance by School, Grade, and Teacher (depending on User Role). This document will review the SBAC Report By Student.
Where to Start
- From the Top Menu Bar, select Reports.
- The default setting shows the list of Predefined Reports under the orange tab. Click on the SBAC tabe to access the Reports.
- Or, from the Launchpad, click on the REPORTS flip card.
- On the flipped side, click on the right arrow at the bottom.
- Select SBAC to go to the reports.
- Assessment name and Summary data
- Data Filter: Change Roster
- Data Filter: Change Assessment
- Search Filters: Types of search filters depend on user role. Click Refresh to view results of search.
- Filter Students: View specific subgroups of students
- Tabs for 3 Reports: By Student Report (default), Demographics Profile, Summary
- Table: Total number of students tested and the number and percent of students scoring in each Performance Level.
- Pie Chart: Illustrates Performance Level data in the table. Click on any color to see only that performance level data in the table and in the student results below.
- Show Demographics (optional): Check the open box to show demographics of EL, Special Ed, and Ethnicity to the right of the claims.
- ELA Literacy or Mathematics: Click the subject for which you wish to review results.
- Create Group: Create a student group based on the results of the report.
- Student Results: ID #, Name, Grade Tested, Overall results with Scale Score, Claim results.
- Student Search Box: Enter a student’s name and click on the magnifying glass icon to view results for that student.
- Full Screen: Click on Full Screen to view the report in full screen mode.
- Download icon: Export report to PDF (Portrait or Landscape), Excel, or CSV format.
- Click on the desired section of the pie chart.
- In the table, notice that only that level has a check mark next to it.
- The students in the chosen performance level will be listed below. (You may also check the desired performance level in the table to view only those students below without using the pie chart.)
- Students can be filtered for one grade level, and are listed alphabetically by default. The columns can be reordered by clicking on the column header. In the example below, students were ordered from lowest to highest by clicking once on the ELA Literacy Overall header. Reorder students from highest to lowest by clicking on the header again.
Only one column can be reordered at one time.
- Create a Student Group by clicking on the box next to each student’s name or click on the box in the teal header next to Student ID to select all students in the list. In the example, the bottom six students were selected for grouping for extra support.
- Click on Create Group.
- Add students to a new group and give the group a name, or add students to an existing group.
- Then click on Save. A message will appear confirming this action.
- Click OK to continue.
- Manage your groups in the Group Manager, located under the Apps icon in the Top Menu Bar.
Please see the Help documents, Groups: Creating Student Groups and Managing Groups for more information.
As you are reviewing student results for each content area, you may also view the ranges for each grade and performance level as reference. Click on the green circle with plus sign to open the document. Click on the orange circle with a minus sign to close the document.
- To view the Student History report for any student on the SBAC report, click on the student’s last or first name.
Please see the Help document, Reports: Student History for more information on this report.