Once Smarter Balanced results have been uploaded into SchoolCity Suite, the data can be viewed and analyzed by using three SBAC Reports. The SBAC By Student Report displays overall student performance data as well as performance in each claim area. The SBAC Demographics Profile Report displays subgroup performance data by School, Grade, and Teacher (depending on User Role). The Summary Report displays overall performance or claim performance by School, Grade, and Teacher (depending on User Role). This document will review the SBAC Summary Report.
- Click the SBAC tab from the Report Manager.
- From the Launchpad, click on the REPORTS flip card. On the flipped side, click on the right arrow at the bottom, then select SBAC to go to the reports.
View the SBAC Summary Report - Overall:
(District Level user shown)
- Assessment name and Summary data.
- Data Filter: Change Roster
- Data Filter: Change Assessment
- Search Filters: Types of search filters depend on user role. Click Refresh to view results of search.
- Filter Students: View specific subgroups of students
- Summary Report: Overall - By School (default view), By Grade, By Teacher; By Claim - By School, By Grade, By Teacher. [Note: School Level users can view Overall and By Claim- By Grade and By Teacher. Teacher Level users can view Overall and By Claim- By Grade.]
- Mathematics and ELA Literacy Scale Score Ranges: Click on the green circle to open the tables (See Step 5).
- Align: Align displays the performance levels below and above proficient (See below).
- Show %: Show % adds the percentage of students in each of the performance levels (See below).
- Results: District, School Name, ELA Number Tested and Overall Results in Performance Levels, Math Number Tested and Overall Results Performance Levels.
- Full Screen: Click on Full Screen to view the report in full screen mode.
- Download icon: Export report to PDF, Excel, or CSV.
Align: Check the box next to Align to view the Overall results with the percent of students below proficient (red and yellow bars) and above proficient (green and blue bars). Uncheck the box to close the alignment view.
Show %: Check the box next to Show % to add the percentage of students in each performance level. Uncheck the box to hide the percentages.
Summary Report, By Claim, By School:
(District Level user shown)
- ELA Literacy Scale Score Ranges: Click on the green circle to open the table. Click on the orange circle to close.
- ELA Literacy: Click on the open circle next to ELA Literacy to view those results (See Mathematics below).
- ELA Results: District/School Name, Number Tested, ELA Overall, Reading Claim, Listening Claim, Writing Claim, Research/Inquiry Claim.
- Mathematics Scale Score Ranges: Click on the green circle to view the table. Click on the orange circle to close.
- Mathematics Results: District/School Name, Number Tested, Math Overall, Concepts and Procedures Claim, Problem Solving and Modeling & Data Analysis Claim, Communicating Reasoning Claim.
ELA Literacy and Mathematics Scaled Score Ranges:
Click on the green circle with a plus sign to open the tables. Click on the orange circle with a minus sign to close.