This lesson guides users through using the Assignment Choose Link within Google Classroom. This allows teachers to link their SchoolCity assessments within Google Classroom by using a district provided link.
This process cannot be completed without being provided a link from your district. Please contact your local administrator if the Google Classroom Integration has been setup but you do not have a link.
Where to Start
Users must log into Google Classroom using the account that matches both SchoolCity and Google Classroom accounts.
Create an Assignment
Select the Class the Assessment will be assigned to, then:
- Go to the Classroom tab.
- Select Create.
- Select Assignment.
Link the Assessment
- Enter a Title for the assignment. This should follow an established naming convention to easily find later.
- Enter Instructions as needed on the assignment.
- Select Add.
- Choose Link.
- Enter the Link into the window exactly as provided by the district.
- Select Add Link.
Save Assignment as a Draft
- The Link appears in Google Classroom showing the connection to SchoolCity.
- Select the arrow next to Assign to open a menu.
- Select Save as Draft. Saving the assignment as a draft allows for it to be created without students have access to it.
- Select the Assignment link from the Classwork tab.
- Users are prompted to Sign in with Google to connect with SchoolCity. Select the email account that matches both platforms.
Choose an Assessment
- Select to create A link to an EXISTING assessment OR
- To link A NEW assessment created from scratch - users can select to create an AKO, Item Bank, Express, or Performance Based assessment.
- Select a tab as available in SchoolCity, such as My Assessments, School, or District.
- An LTI URL can be directly inserted to find the assessment. This URL can be found on the Setup or Online Admin pages of an assessment.
- Select Choose next to the desired assessment.
Choose a Class
- Select + Add to Class to link the assignment to a class.
- Any classes that have already been linked show Added to Class on the list.
The Assignment is linked and users can select to add it to another class or open it within Google Classroom.
Students must be activated in order to take the assessment.