The Google Classroom Integration allows teachers to share SchoolCity assessment to Google Classroom. System Administrators can enable the integration to teachers to share directly from Manage Assessments, or provide a link to the Assignment Choose Link to access available assessments within Google Classroom. This lesson guides system admins through enabling the integration.
Before you Begin
There are several prerequisites for setting up the integration:
- Staff email addresses sent in staff files must match the email addresses that the staff users use to login to Google Classroom.
- It is preferred that student emails are sent via the roster loads. Exceptions include school districts that directly login to the application using their username and password, or if students use Google SSO as the primary login method.
- Contact the district or organization’s Illuminate Customer Success Manager to request the integration be enabled. Once the integration has been set up by Illuminate’s Data and Engineering teams, CSMs send out a notification to proceed with enabling the integration for teachers.
Where to Start
- From the Grid, select Admin.
Enable Google Classroom Integration
- Go to the District Defaults tab.
- Select System Properties.
- Toggle Allow Teachers to Share Assessments to Google Classroom to enable the option to share from Manage Assessments.
- The Google Assignment Chooser Link can be shared with users to use within Google Classroom. This option can be used with enabling Allow Teacher to Share Assessments to Google Classroom. To learn more, visit Google Classroom Assignment Chooser Link.
- If Allow Teachers to Share Assessments to Google Classroom was set to Yes, select Save to enable the integration for teachers.
After selecting Save, select Update District Defaults & My Preferences to confirm the changes.