The Student Portal is where students can take online assessments, view their test results, complete assignments, take surveys and access personal resources. This document will review how to take an Item Bank Assessment in the Student Portal, including the use of tools that may be available.
Where to Start
- From the Top Menu Bar, select Assessments.
- Click on the Start arrow next to the assessment name as instructed by your Test Administrator.
You may only take an assessment when it shown as Available in the Status column. If it is shown as Incomplete or Unavailable, check with your Test Administrator for instructions.
- Or, click on the TAKE ASSESSMENTS Flip Card.
- Click on the assessment name as instructed by your Test Administrator. If a PIN is not required, you may begin taking the test as soon as you click on the assessment name.
- As a security measure, some assessments may require you to enter a 4-Digit PIN before you can take the assessment. The same PIN will be provided to all test-takers by the Test Administrator.
- Click on Start Test.
- The Assessment Name and Number of Items (test questions) will appear at the top left.
- Click the drop down menu to select whether to view All Items or Incomplete Items (those items you have not yet answered).
- Go to any item (or group of items) by clicking on the number(s) of the item(s) you want to view. The item number(s) you are currently viewing will be green.
- Use the drop down menu to view and select the item you want, or enter a number in the box, and press the Enter key on your computer or tablet.
- Click the Next icon N or Previous icon P to view the next item or previous item.
- Assessments with Passages display with the Passage on the left side of the screen.
- Test Questions/Items appear on the right.
- Assessments items without a passage will not have a split screen. Only one item per page will appear.
- Click on the arrow in the top right of the passage to expand to full screen.
- Click on Save periodically to save your work. Your work will be automatically saved when you move to the next page.
- Click on Review Summary to review your answers for all test items.
- Click on Exit Testing only if you are as instructed by your Test Administrator to do so.
- Click on the Tool bar icons to use tools that have been made available for the test.
The Student Portal is the User Interface used by students to take online assessments. There are a variety of tools that may be available for an assessment. Available tools are determined by the Test Administrator and/or the Test Creator.
Please see the Student Portal - Online Tools article for a full description of the tools available for Student use.
The tools that may be available to you are determined by the Test Administrator and/or Test Creator.
- Click on the Tool Box icon to open and select the tools and calculator you wish to use.
- Check the box(es) of the tools you want. Uncheck a box to put the tool away.
- Then click on Close. You will need to select the tools again when you move to the next item
Review Summary and Submit Test for Scoring
- Click on Done at any point during the assessment to review answers entered, review flags, and notes.
- Click on All Items and select Incomplete Items and/or Flagged Items, if any, to return to those items.
- Hover over the Student Response item to view your answer(s).
- Select Submit when you are done reviewing your test.
The system will allow students to submit a test without completing all items; however, students should follow the requirements set by the Test Administrator.