SchoolCity allows users at all levels to create groups of students and groups of courses for various purposes. District and School Level Users may also share their Student Groups and Course Groups with other users. Student Groups and Course Groups created by Teacher Level Users are always private and cannot be shared.
Key Words: Group, Group Manager, Share Group
Where to Start
From the SchoolCity Launchpad, click on the Lines icon on the far right of the Top Menu Bar (1), then select Groups (2).
Student Groups (Admin/District/School Level User)
- Group Year: Select the school year in which the group was created.
- Select the Student Group tab.
- Student Groups that have been created by the user will be listed with an open box, the Group Number, Group Name, Number of Students, Created By, Date Created, and Date Edited.
- Student Groups may be kept Private (only the creator can view), Semi-Private (only selected users can view), or Public (all users can view).
Note: Permission to share District Wide or Within School is determined in District
Teacher Users, when a School or District User shares a group semi-privately or publicly with you, it will appear on your list without an open box next to the Student Group name, and with only a View (eye) icon. You cannot make any edits to this Student Group.
Permissions for Sharing
District Default Settings (Admin/District Level Users only)
From the SchoolCity Navigation Grid, select Admin.
Or, from the Launchpad, click on the ADMIN Flip Card, and select District Defaults.
- In District Defaults, select the System Properties tab.
- Under Sharing Properties, click on the desired sharing settings for Student Groups District Wide or Within School. District Wide allows users to share with the entire district, selected Schools, Grades, or Users. Within School allows users to share with the entire school, selected Grades or Users.
- Click Save after making any changes to the settings.
Please refer to the Help documents, Groups: Creating Student Groups, Creating Course Groups and Managing Student and Course Groups for more information.
To learn more about groups in SchoolCity, see the lessons in SchoolCity, Groups.