There are two types of notifications:
Notification Center - The in-portal Notification Center serves as a user's communications hub, where they can review actions and event notices they have received.
Email Notifications - Admin level users can activate Email Notifications for users via District Defaults > System Properties. Once enabled, users will receive an email to the address on file for their account whenever they receive an action or event notice.
- Example of Actions: Scoring Constructed Response, Writing Prompt or Short Answer items, New Survey, Scoring Event.
- Example of Events: A shared assessment, availability of a Bulk Print request, Report download.
This article will review the features of the Notification Center and Email Notifications.
Where to Start
The Top Menu Bar (white band) is a fixed site-wide header that displays on all pages of the application.
1. To open the Notification Center, click the bell icon.
- The number beside the Notification Center Bell icon represents the number of new notifications waiting for you to view.
2. The Notification Center is comprised of two tabs, New Notifications and Past Notifications.
- Under the New Notification tab, locate the Notification you wish to view and click the Notification label link to expand it and view additional details.
3. For the example above, clicking the Shared assessment name link, reveals additional information about the assessment, including the Subject and Assessment Type.
- For any shared assessments with an associated Test Document, click the green View Test Document button to review the test booklet before deciding whether to accept or decline the notification.
- To accept the notification, click the green Add to (My / School / District / PLC name) Assessments button.
The Add to ____ Assessments button label that a user sees is dependent on their user role and account permissions.
- To dismiss the Notification click Decline.
- District administrators assigned the Admin role can enable Email Notifications by navigating to Admin > District Defaults > System Properties.
Email Notifications - Controls whether staff members will receive an email notification for events including shared assessments, availability of report downloads, scoring event, surveys, CR/WP/SA items ready to be scored and a reminder for items that still need to be scored before a scoring window closes.
- Allow Replies to Email Notifications (optional) - Controls whether users in the district can reply to email notifications. Replies will be sent to the designated Reply-To email address.
- Reply-To Email Address (optional) - An internal group email established by your district.
When Email Notifications is enabled, users will receive both an in-portal notification and an email notification for each event. The one exception to this rule is for any event notifications that are bulk shared for an entire school, or across the district. In this case, users will only receive an in-portal notification.
If your district decides to opt for Email Notifications, users will not be able to unsubscribe from emails.