This lesson provides an overview of the three types of Work Spaces available in the Item Bank module.
Where to Start
- From the Launchpad, click theLaunchpad Grid icon to reveal the module tiles available to you. Select the Item Banks tile to open the Item Banks module.
Work Spaces in Item Banks
When given appropriate permissions, each user has the ability to create and publish items and passages.
Both items and passages are created in and published from the Work Space.
District Work Space
- Teacher, School, and District level users can be granted District Work Space permissions.
- When items or passages are created in the District Work Space, users with permission can view, edit, publish, and delete items and passages created by other District Work Space users. This allows for collaboration between users.
- Items and passages residing in the District Work Space can only be published to District Level Item Banks.
School Work Space
- Teacher and School level users can be granted School Work Space permissions.
- When items or passages are created in the School Work Space, users with permission can view, edit, publish, and delete items and passages created by other School Work Space users. This allows for collaboration between users.
- Items and passages residing in the School Work Space can only be published to School Level Item Banks.
My Work Space
- Each user has a My Work Space where they can create items to be published into a target Item Bank.
- Only Teacher level users can publish items into My Work Space. This can be used as a personal item bank.
- If a School or District level user creates an item or passage in My Work Space, that item or passage must be moved into either the School Work Space or District Work Space for publishing.
To more quickly find specific Item Banks and/or items and passages in Item Banks, the following filters are available to use:
- Drop down, predefined filters:
- PLC - If the user has access to PLC Groups, the dropdown list will populate with the associated PLC Item Banks
- Subject - Listing of all subjects with defined items (ELA, Math, Science, etc.)
- Grade - Listing of all Grades that are defined with items
- Course Group - If the user has access to Course Groups, the dropdown list will populate with the associated Course Groups
- Course - Listing of loaded courses
- Bank Created By - List of Item Bank authors
- Items Created By - List of Item authors
- Standards - List of loaded standards
- User entered search criteria:
- Item Name/Number - Alpha-Numerics search
- Passage Title - Alpha-Numeric search
- Bank Name - Alpha-Numeric search
- Keywords - Alpha-Numeric search on saved keywords
- Items Published with Date Range - From / To date selection for search
- Copyright - Dropdown menu with the following options:
- Not Copyrighted
- Is Exactly