Districts can build subject/content specific Item Banks for use in Item Bank Assessments.
For example, at a high school, each department may want to create items and/or passages for a World Languages Item Bank, or a Chemistry Item Bank. Users with District Item Bank Access permission may grant other Users access to these banks within the Item Bank module in order to work collaboratively on Items and/or Passages.
This article steps through the process of creating a District Item Bank and controlling Item Bank access.
Where to Start
- From the Launchpad Grid Menu Bar, select the Item Banks tile.
2. In the Item Banks screen, note the Select Item Bank Work Space dropdown menu which allows you to toggle between the following Work Spaces.
- District Work Space: A place to create Items and Passages for a District Item Bank.
- School Work Space: A place to create Items and Passages for a School Item Bank.
- My Work Space: A place to create Items and Passages for a personal Item Bank. Users with the appropriate permissions can move content from their My Work Space to a School or District Bank .
- PLC Work Space: Members of a PLC (Professional Learning Communities) work in a collaborative way to build items and passages.
Note: The dropdown list of Work Spaces that displays for each user is dependent on user account permissions.
- Create Bank: Create a new District Item Bank.
- Similar Item Search: Find previously created Items and Passages that meet a specific criteria.
- Blue Search Criteria Bar: Select filters to find previously created matching banks.
- Item Banks: Bank Name, Number of Items, Number of Passages, Created By, Last Modified, and Functions.
- Functions: Click the down arrow to grant Access to the chosen Item Bank to other Users who have previously not had permission to use the bank, Delete or Edit the Item Bank, and view the History of the Item Bank.
Granting Access to a District Item Bank
- In the Functions dropdown menu, click Access to open a window that displays a comprehensive list of all users. Search for a specific Role and School, then click Refresh. Or, search for a specific User by using the search box.
- Check the box(es) of the permissions you wish to grant to the user(s):
- View - view the items/passages in the bank
- Modify - revise or edit the items/passages in the bank
- Use - use the items/passages in an item bank assessment
- Publish - publish items/passages that have been moved into the bank so they can be used in an assessment
- Check the box to show users who already have access to this item bank.
- Click Update to save your selections. The specific users now have access to the bank according to their granted permissions.