Assessments created in SchoolCity during a school year may be copied and used again during the same or next school year. Assessments of any status may be copied - unpublished, published, in progress, or closed. This document will explain how to copy a single assessment as well as multiple assessments at one time.
Where to Start
In the navigation panel, click on Assessments. This will land you on the Manage Assessments screen.
In the Assessment Manager, select the tab under which the assessment you wish to copy is housed (My Assessments, School, District).
- Check the box next to the Item Bank assessment you would like to copy.
- Click on the Copy icon located above the Functions header.
- In the Copy Assessment window, select the desired School Year for your new assessment.
- Give the new assessment a unique Name.
- Select the Start & End Date the assessment will be available to students (Assessment Window). Click on the calendar to change the dates, then click on Apply.
- Click Save to complete the copy process.
- A message will appear confirming the copy process. Click OK to continue.
- In the Assessment Manager, if you have copied the assessment to the same school year, it will be unpublished and the test documents will be unavailable (folder icon is closed).
- To publish the assessment as is, and place the test documents in the folder, click on the functions down arrow and select Publish.
- To make revisions to the assessment and then place the test documents in the folder, click on the gear icon to return to setup.
- You may make revisions in any step of the setup process by clicking on the name of the step.
- Once you are done, click on Publish in the last step, Setup.
In the Assessment Manager, the newly copied assessments will be found under the selected school year and level in which they were created My Assessments, School, or District.
To learn more about managing assessments in SchoolCity, see the guides in SchoolCity, Manage Assessments.