Assessments created in SchoolCity during a school year may be copied and used again during the same or next school year. Assessments of any status may be copied - unpublished, published, in progress, or closed. This document will explain how to copy a single assessment as well as multiple assessments at one time.
Where to Start
In the navigation panel, click on Assessments. This will land you on the Manage Assessments screen.
In the Assessment Manager, select the tab under which the assessment you wish to copy is housed (My Assessments, School, District).
- Check the box next to the assessment you would like to copy.
- Click on the Copy icon located above the Functions header.
- In the Copy Assessment window, select the desired School Year for your new assessment.
- Give the new assessment a unique Name.
- Select the Start & End Date the assessment will be available to students (Assessment Window). Click on the calendar to change the dates, then click on Apply.
- Include test documents/Exclude test documents: Determine if you want the PDF of the assessment and any other accompanying documents to be included in the copy or not.
- Select the Online Settings if applicable. There are three options: Retain Original Settings, Apply My Preferences, or Customize Settings.
- Click Save to complete the copy process.
- A message will appear confirming the copy process. Click OK to continue.
- In the Assessment Manager, if you have copied the assessment to the same school year, it will be unpublished and if included, the test documents will be located in the folder icon, shown as open.
- To publish the assessment, click on the down arrow in Functions, and select Publish. Once published, the assessment may be administered to students. [Note: Before publishing, you may also click on the gear icon to return to setup to make any revisions, and/or to upload a revised PDF of the assessment.]
To learn more about managing assessments in SchoolCity, see the guides in SchoolCity, Manage Assessments.