Assessments created in SchoolCity during a school year may be copied and used again during the same or next school year. Assessments of any status may be copied - unpublished, published, in progress, or closed. This document will explain how to copy a single assessment as well as multiple assessments at one time.
Where to Start
In the navigation panel, click on Assessments. This will land you on the Manage Assessments screen.
In the Assessment Manager, select the tab under which the assessment you wish to copy is housed (My Assessments, School, District).
- Check the box next to each assessment that you would like to copy, or check the box in the teal header bar to select all. (Note: The maximum number of assessments listed on one page is 50 but if you want to select more than 50 assessments, check the Select All Records box which will appear above the teal header bar.)
- Click on the Copy icon located above the Functions header.
- Select the desired School Year for your new assessment.
- Determine the Start and End Dates the assessment will be available to students (Assessment Window). Click on the calendar to change the dates, then click on Apply.
- Append Prefix and/or Append Suffix and/or Replace words/numbers, depending on your naming protocol.
- Include test documents/Exclude test documents: If desired, AKO and Express assessments with attached PDFs can be included in the copy. Item Bank documents will not be included in the copy, but once the copy is published, the test booklet and summary documents will be available in the folder icon (See Step 2).
- Select the Online Settings if applicable. There are three options: Retain Original Settings, Apply My Preferences, or Customize Settings.
- Click Save when you are done.
- A message will appear confirming this action. Click OK.
In the Assessment Manager, the newly copied assessments will be found under the selected school year and level in which they were created My Assessments, School, or District.
To learn more about managing assessments in SchoolCity, see the guides in SchoolCity, Manage Assessments.