An Item Bank, Answer Key Only (AKO) Assessment and an Express Assessment may be set up with the Teacher as the Intended User of the assessment instead of the Student. In this case, the teacher can enter the students’ answers on an online answer sheet after administering the assessment on paper. This technique can also be used for assessments administered at an earlier date, but data needs to be tracked.
Visit Scoring Online Constructed Response/Short Answer/Writing Prompt Items to review how to score online Item Bank, Answer Key Only, and Express assessments set up with the Student as the Intended User of the assessment.
Where to Start
Visit Navigate to Entering Scores for Assessments to review how to navigate to the scoring feature.
- Find the desired assessment from the list in the Assessment Manager. Select the bolded Score Online icon (computer).
View Enter Answers in Student Answer Sheet Screen
- Assessment Name, Subject, and School Year.
- Change assessment.
- Search for the correct roster of students by Period. Click Refresh to view results.
- View By Students or By Groups
- Total Number of Students on the selected roster.
- Selected Student’s Name. Click on the down arrow to view the entire roster and select any student.
- Enter the Student’s answers by clicking on the correct bubble.
- Point value for each item.
- Set a Flag for an item.
- Click on Prev to go to the previous student on the roster.
- Click on Next to go to the next student on the roster.
- Click on Save when you are ready to submit the answers for scoring. Results can be viewed in the Report Manager.
It is recommended that you save often to avoid losing any data.
Enter the Student Answers
Click on the answers the student indicated on their paper test. The selected answer shows as green.
In the example, answers to 6 different item types are shown, although the assessment you have given may include other item types.
Item #1: Multiple Choice (MC) - one correct answer out of a number of answer choices.
Item #2: Constructed Response (CR) - student response is scored with a 1-point rubric and only the score is entered.
Item #3: Short Answer (SA) - only one correct written response. Only mark the ‘N’ circle if the answer is Not Correct.
Item #4: Multiple Binary (MB) each answer choice is True/False, Yes/No, or Correct/Incorrect.
Item #5: Multiple Response (MR) similar to Multiple Choice, but more than one answer is correct.
Item#6: Numerical Response (NR) use the key pad to enter the numerical answer.