An Item Bank, Answer Key Only (AKO) Assessment and an Express Assessment may be set up with the Teacher as the Intended User of the assessment instead of the Student. In this case, the teacher can enter the students’ answers on an online answer sheet after administering the assessment on paper. This technique can also be used for assessments administered at an earlier date, but data needs to be tracked.
Visit Scoring Online Constructed Response/Short Answer/Writing Prompt Items to review how to score online Item Bank, Answer Key Only, and Express assessments set up with the Student as the Intended User of the assessment.
Where to Start
Visit Navigate to Entering Scores for Assessments to review how to navigate to the scoring feature.
- Find the desired assessment from the list in the Assessment Manager. Select the bolded Score Online icon (computer) and then "Enter Answers in Student Answer Sheet"
View Enter Answers in Student Answer Sheet Screen
- Assessment Name, Subject, and School Year.
- Change assessment.
- Search for the correct roster of students by Period. Select Refresh to view results.
- View By Students or By Groups
- Total Number of Students on the selected roster.
- Selected Student’s Name. Select the down arrow to view the entire roster and select any student.
- Enter the Student’s answers by selecting the correct bubble.
- Enter the point value for each item.
- Set a Flag for an item.
- Select Prev to go to the previous student on the roster.
- Select Next to go to the next student on the roster.
- Select Save when ready to submit the answers for scoring. Results can be viewed in the Report Manager.
It is recommended that users save often to avoid losing any data.
Enter the Student Answers
Click on the answers the student indicated on their paper test. The selected answer shows green.
In the example, answers to 6 different item types are shown, although the assessment given may include other item types.
Item #1: Multiple Choice (MC) - one correct answer out of a number of answer choices.
Item #2: Constructed Response (CR) - student response is scored with a 1-point rubric and only the score is entered.
Item #3: Short Answer (SA) - only one correct written response. Only mark the ‘N’ circle if the answer is Not Correct.
Item #4: Multiple Binary (MB) each answer choice is True/False, Yes/No, or Correct/Incorrect.
Item #5: Multiple Response (MR) similar to Multiple Choice, but more than one answer is correct.
Item#6: Numerical Response (NR) uses the keypad to enter the numerical answer.