The Report Card is a SchoolCity module that can be implemented by the district. There is no fee for the module. However, there are fees associated with the template setup for the Report Cards. The environment is designed in collaboration with the district to include standards-based grading statements and grading rubrics based on district needs. In addition, SchoolCity includes Report Card Admin permissions that can be granted to specific District and School Level Administrators in order to manage students, teachers, and Report Card settings.
Where to start:
- Click the grid icon to open the navigation grid menu, and select Report Card.
- Or, click on the REPORT CARD Flip Card.
- On the reverse side, select View/Print/Enter Grade By Student.
- On the Report Card screen, select Report Card Admin.
This function provides access to the Report Card settings in order to make revisions and edits. Settings made at the District Level apply to all users within the district. Settings made at the School Level apply to all users within the school.
- Select the Manage Settings tab.
- Users cannot change this property: Check this box if you want all properties to be un-editable. All settings will be the same for all users. Or, check the box next to a property to make that specific one un-editable.
- Reporting Periods: The Number of Reporting Periods is set by the district and cannot be changed.
- Reporting Period Labels may be changed. Click inside the label box and rename. For example, Fall can be changed to Semester I, and End-of-Year can be changed to Semester II.
- Start Dates and End Dates may be changed. Click the calendar icon next to the date to change it. Note that Reporting Periods may not overlap. If the ending date for the first period is changed, the beginning of the next period will automatically change to the following day.
- All Report Card Comments Permitted: If No, check only those comment types you want to enable (shown with a green box and white checkmark). To enable all comment types, slide No to Yes, and all comment types will be shown with a blue box and white checkmark.
- Report Card Comments Textbox Size: Determine if the size of the comments textbox on the Report Card should be fixed at 1200 characters or unlimited. If unlimited, it may affect the length of a completed and printed report card.
- Save Changes or Cancel: When all edits and selections have been made, click on Save Changes.
- Confirmation message: This will confirm that all settings have been saved. Click OK to continue.
When updating Reporting Periods, the period dates must be updated in reverse order. The system will not permit overlapping Start and End dates for different periods.