The Report Card is a SchoolCity module that can be implemented by the district. There is no fee for the module. However, there are fees associated with the template setup for the Report Cards. The environment is designed in collaboration with the district to include standards-based grading statements and grading rubrics based on district needs. In addition, SchoolCity includes Report Card Admin permissions that can be granted to specific District and School Level Administrators in order to manage students, teachers, and Report Card settings.
Selecting the Roster of Students
Students whose report cards were marked complete in the Edit by Student page cannot be changed here. Return to the Edit by Student page and uncheck the marked complete checkbox.
- Select the By Subject tab.
- Use the Search box to find a specific student to grade.
- Select the correct Reporting Period.
- Select the correct Grade level.
- Select the Subject to be graded.
- Select a Section of the Subject.
- Click on Refresh to view the selected roster of students.
- Show Inactive Students: These are students who were on your roster at some point in the school year, but have since been removed. A report card may be required.
Enter Grade by Subject Features
- Header with Student ID, Last Name, First Name.
- Subject/Section Header with Standards statements as determined by the District.
- Scroll right/left to view all scoring statements.
- Scroll up/down to view all students.
- Scoring Rubric as determined by the District.
- Click Save to save all entered scores.
- Enter grades for a student by clicking inside the cell in the same row as the student’s name and in the desired column. The row and column you are working in will be yellow.
- Move from cell to cell for same student by using the left or right arrow key
- Move from student to student in the same column by using the up or down arrow key.
- Enter the same grade for all students by entering the grade in the top cell and clicking on Apply To All.
- Change the grade for one or more students by clicking inside the desired cell and entering the correct grade.
- Edit the entire column by clicking on the top cell, entering a new grade, and clicking on Apply to All. Or to edit a few students, place your cursor on the far right of the top cell, and holding the left cursor, drag down to the bottom student. Click on the backspace key to erase. Then enter the correct grades.
Enter Grades for Another Subject
- Choose new options for Reporting Period, Grade, Subject, and Section, then click Refresh. Follow the same procedures as outlined above.
Return to Report Card Home Page
- Select the By Students tab to view your entire roster, print report cards, and enter grades by student.