The Report Card is a SchoolCity module that can be implemented by the district. There is no fee for the module. However, there are fees associated with the template setup for the Report Cards. The environment is designed in collaboration with the district to include standards-based grading statements and grading rubrics based on district needs. In addition, SchoolCity includes Report Card Admin permissions that can be granted to specific District and School Level Administrators in order to manage students, teachers, and Report Card settings.
Report Card Enter Comments
- In the Report Card home screen, the Comments tab should be selected and highlighted in orange.
- Use the Search box to find a specific student to enter comments. Click Refresh to view results.
- Select the correct Reporting Period. Click Refresh to view results.
- Show Inactive Students: Check this box to show students who were on your roster at some point in the school year, but have since been removed. A report card may be required.
- Enter Comments text box. All comments in this box will appear on the Report Card. All revisions and edits must be made here prior to distributing the report card.
- Select Pre/Custom (Pre-Defined and Custom comments) for more options.
- Print a class roster with all written comments in PDF format.
- Comments can be written directly into the text box.
- Expand the text box by clicking on the lines in the lower right corner, and dragging your cursor to the desired size.
- Click Save to save your work.
Enter Pre-Defined Comments
- Select Pre/Custom to the right of the comments text box.
You may use a combination of your own comments and pre-defined/custom comments.
- Depending on which sets of Pre-Defined comments the district has requested to include, there may be three tabs: Pre-Defined, Personalized, and 21st Century.
- The Pre-Defined tab includes a long list of comments for your use. You can indicate your favorites by clicking on the heart icon. These will be saved under the Favorites tab.
- Select a pre-defined comment by clicking in the box to the left of the comment.
- Click on Apply to add the comment to a specific student’s report card, or click on Apply to All Students to add the comment to all students’ cards.
- Once the pre-defined comment has been added, revisions and edits can be made within the Comments text box.
- The second tab, Personalized, includes all of the Pre-Defined comments, but merges the student’s name into the comments. Make your selections the same way as for the Pre-Defined comments.
- 21st Century Comments are more Pre-defined comments that support Career and College Readiness components.
- Critical Thinking
Indicate your favorites, and apply comments to specific students, or all students as in previous steps.
Enter Custom Comments
- The Custom tab houses the comments you have created.
- Create a new custom comment by clicking on +New Custom Comment.
- Write the comment in the text box and click Save.
- Select a comment by clicking in the box to the left of the comment, then click on Apply to add the comment to a specific student’s report card, or Apply to All Students to add the comment to all students’ cards.
- Delete comments by selecting the trash can icon.
- All of the Pre-defined and Custom comments you have previously indicated as your favorites (with the heart) will be housed here.
- Select a comment by clicking in the box to the left of the comment.
- Click on Apply to add the comment to a specific student’s report card, or Apply to All Students to add the comment to all students’ cards.
- The Comment appears in the Comments field for the selected Student(s).
Preview Comments for All Students
- Select the Print button to generate a PDF which can then be downloaded and printed.