District administrators (those assigned the SchoolCity ADMIN Role) have the ability to grant various permissions to district staff, site administrators, curriculum specialists, instructional coaches, teachers, and other staff according to what data the specific user needs to see and access within the application. These permissions determine what Role(s) the user is assigned.
This article will review the permissions for Professional Learning Communities in SchoolCity.
- From the Top Menu Bar Grid icon, select the Admin tile to open the Admin module.
- Or, from the Launchpad, click on the ADMIN Flip Card.
- On the reverse side, select Roles
When selecting permissions for a specific role, the added permissions will only apply to users that are assigned the specific role.
Item Bank Permissions
- Navigate to the Roles Tab and Select the Role to Create and/or Edit.
- Once selected navigate to the Item Banks tab to update/review the permissions.
Descriptors for Item Banks
- None = No Permission
- My = Only the User’s Items
All = All Items
- Item = Created Items and/or Team created Items in the Item Bank.
- Passage = Created Passages and/or Team created Passages in the Item Bank.
- Work Space (PLC) = Designated Work Space for the defined PLC Group.
- View: Allows user to view the PLC Banks in the Item Bank module, PLC-created Items (None, My, All), PLC-created Passages (None, My, All), and the PLC Work Space.
- Create/Edit: Allows user to create and edit PLC Banks, PLC-created Items (None, My, All), and/or PLC-created Passages (None, My, All).
- Delete: Allows user to delete PLC Banks, PLC-created Items (None, My, All), and/or PLC-created Passages (None, My, All).
- Publish: Allows user to publish PLC-created Items (None, My, All) and/or PLC-created Passages (None, My, All).
- Copy: Allows user to copy PLC Banks, PLC-create Items (None, My, All) and/or PLC-created Passages (None, My, All).
- Access: Allows user to grant access to the PLC Banks to other users who do not have permission to view, modify, use, and/or publish items and passages. This allows for collaboration in building PLC Banks.
Staff users may be added to PLC Groups, however, if the user Role does not permit PLC visibility based on the set PLC Permissions, the user will not have visibility of the PLC Work Space and Items.