District administrators (those assigned the SchoolCity ADMIN Role) have the ability to grant various permissions to district staff, site administrators, curriculum specialists, instructional coaches, teachers, and other staff according to what data the specific user needs to see and access within the application. These permissions determine what Role(s) the user is assigned.
This article will review Assessment permissions for Professional Learning Communities in SchoolCity.
When selecting permissions for a specific role, the added permissions will only apply to users that are assigned the specific role.
Where to Start
- From the Top Menu Bar Grid icon, select the Admin tile to open the Admin module.
- Or, from the Launchpad, click on the ADMIN Flip Card.
- On the reverse side, select Roles
- Navigate to the Roles Tab and either Create New Role or scroll and Select the Role to Edit.
- Select the dropdown arrow to show the options and select Edit.
- Once the Edit Role page opens, select the Assessments sub-tab to update/review the user role Assessment permissions.
Descriptors for Assessments
- None = No Permission
- My = Only the User’s Assessments
- All = All Assessments
- Item Bank Assessments = Assessments made from a purchased Item Bank or an Item Bank created in a Work Space.
- Other Assessments = Answer Key Only, Express, ExamView, and Performance Based A+ Assessments)
- View: Allows user to view PLC Assessments.
- Create/Edit: Allows user to create and edit PLC Assessments (None, My, All) This permission also allows users to rescore PLC assessments.
- Delete: Allows user to delete PLC Assessments (None, My, All).
- Delete Scores: Allows user to delete student scores on PLC Assessments (None, My, All).
- Publish: Allows user to publish PLC Assessments (None, My, All).
- Administer: Allows user to administer PLC Assessments to students.
- Score: Allows user to score PLC Assessments.
- Copy: Allows user to copy PLC Assessments (None, My, All).
- Lock: Allows user to turn on/off Test Security measures for individual Item Bank assessments (None, My, All).
- Embargo All: Allows user to embargo PLC Assessment results (None, My, All) from all other users and students.
- Embargo Students Only: Allows user to embargo PLC Assessment results (None, My, All) from students only.
- Resume Online Testing: Allows user to resume online testing for students who have submitted a PLC Assessment (None, My, All) for scoring in the Student Portal.
- Bulk Activate Online Testing: Allows user to request activation of scheduled students for two or more PLC Assessments at one time (None, My, All). Please see the Help document, Manage Assessments: Bulk Activate, for more details.
Staff users may be added to PLC Groups, however, if the user Role does not permit PLC visibility based on the set PLC Permissions, the user will not have visibility of the PLC assessments.
Now that you've learned how to grant PLC Assessment permissions, take a look at how to Share PLC Assessments With Users Outside of the Professional Learning Community.