This lesson contains an overview of how to create a PLC (Professional Learning Communities) Staff Group.
Where to Start
- From the Launchpad, click the Apps Menu (lines icon) and select Groups in the dropdown menu.
- The PLC Staff Group tab displays within the Manage Groups module. Users with the Data Upload permission will be able to manage who can access the PLC Staff Group tab.
Access to the PLC Staff Groups tab is limited to School and District level users.
PLC Staff Group tab visibility is dependent on a user's Access Level. School level users will only see the groups that they have created or those created by school level users at their school site. Users with a District role can only see the groups created by themselves and/or by district level users within the district.
Users with permission to view the PLC Staff Groups tab will have permission to access all of the functions available.
Create a New PLC Staff Group
- Within the PLC Staff Group screen, users will see a green "Create Group" button. Clicking this button will take users to the Create New PLC Staff Group screen.
- Note, you must select at least one course and click the Refresh button in order to view a list of staff users. Also note that if your PLC Staff Group is comprised entirely of District and School level users, there will not be any rostered students within the group.
There must be at least one teacher-level user with rostered students in each PLC Staff Group to see student data.
- Once users make the appropriate selections from the onscreen drop down menus and click Refresh, they will see a table view list of staff. Specific staff members can be added to the group by clicking the checkbox to the left of their name. The Selected Staff number bubble updates as each new staff member is added to the group.
When scrolling through a long list of staff, users can view a condensed list of the members already included in the group by clicking the Selected Staff tab.
Users must 1) enter a PLC Staff Group Name in the field that displays under the title of the page and 2) click the green Save button in the bottom-right corner of the page before navigating to the Selected Staff tab, otherwise a prompt will display, guiding users to enter a PLC group name and save the changes to the group.