Users have the ability to re-score or add and remove correct responses to Explicit Constructed Response Items. Re-scoring an XCR item is beneficial when a user decides that the item should hold less or more value than originally intended. Adding or removing correct responses is beneficial if alternate correct answers are determined or if current correct answers should be removed. Both updates can be done after the XCR item has been added to an assessment or after the test has started. This article guides users through re-scoring and adding additional correct responses to Explicit Constructed Response Items.
Where to Start
- From the grid, select Assessments.
- Select the Re-score Icon under the Functions column for the assessment that needs rescoring.
- Select the Rescore icon.
- Select Add Student Response to create a new correct response.
- Enter the new response into the text box.
- Use the trashcan to delete a correct response.
- Student answers other than what is included in the correct answers list will appear on the right. If any of the answers should be considered correct, drag the answer over to Other Correct Responses.
- Select Update when done.
- Select Exit Full Screen.
- Select Save.
- Select OK in the popup to confirm change.
- Select OK in the popup that confirms the item details have been saved.