Updating items using Rescore may create a requirement to change the Performance Levels associated with the assessment.
Performance Level Review
If changes have been made in the Summary step, the Performance Level set may need to be revised. If no changes to the items have been made in the Summary step, Performance Levels may still be changed, or added if this step was originally skipped.
Changes to the point value (increase or decrease) of items may require an update of the Cut Points (Percentages) of the PL Bands to modify/alter the definition of the PL ranges. If the ranges are not modified, students might be placed in PL groups above or below the original definition because of the change in the overall scoring values.
- Add/Revise a Template: Click on Load from Available Templates to either add a set or change the original set.
- Add/Revise Performance Level Sets: Add a second or third set as desired by clicking on Add Performance Level Sets, then revise as desired.
- Revise the Description: Rename the levels as desired.
- Revise the Color Code: Reselect the colors for each level.
- Revise the Percentages: Setup Performance Level by Percentage and revise the originally selected percentages.
- Revise the Cut Points: Setup Performance Level by Cut Points and revise the originally selected cut points.
- Delete a Level: Click on the trash can icon to delete any level.
- Add a Performance Level: Click Add a Performance Level to either increase the number of levels, or create custom levels. Performance Levels must be created from the lowest level to the highest level.
- Save: Click Save to save any changes made in the Performance Level step.
- A message will appear confirming the changes. Click OK to continue