Once an assessment has been completed by students, it will display in Manage Assessments as “In Progress," if the testing window is still open, or “Closed,” if the testing window has ended. Users with permission may rescore In Progress and Closed assessments, which can include the following: change the point value of an item, change the correct answer or “rekey” the item, select standards or additional standards, and add/revise performance levels. Rescoring allows new reports to be generated, replacing the original set of reports.
Admin Level Users: Please see the Help document, System Admin: Permissions for Rescoring, for more information.
Where to Start
- From the Top Menu Bar, select Assessments.
- Find the desired assessment from the list in Manage Assessments. Select the Rescore button (key icon).
The Rescoring button will be bolded (enabled) if the assessment is In Progress or Closed and the user has the Create/Edit permission for this level of assessment.
Rescore Item Bank Assessment
After selecting the Rescoring icon, the user is taken to the Summary step (Item Bank Assessment), Answer Key step (AKO Assessment) or Assessment Info step (Performance Based Assessment) of the assessment setup process. The process is now Rescore Item Bank Assessment because there is student data available for the assessment.
- Standards: Other standards can be selected in addition to those chosen originally. These standards will now be displayed in the Standard Analysis Report.
- Point Value: Change the points to a higher value or to zero. Click inside the Points box and enter the desired value. This item will be labeled as Point Value Changed in Reports.
- A convenient link has been added to the Summary Page. Select Item Analysis Report to be redirected to the Item Analysis Report for the assessment.
- Constructed Response items: The point value can be changed to zero by using the rubric multiplier and changing the value to 0. This item will be labeled as Do Not Score in Reports.
- Rekey: The correct answer for an item may be changed. Click on the new correct answer. It will change to red, while the original answer will still show as green.
- This item will be highlighted as Rekey in the Reports.
- A key below the report table will display the Rekey types.
- If the Item Analysis Report button is selected, the Rescore button below the chart on the Item Analysis Report screen can be selected to navigate back to the Rescore assessment feature.
- Standards on an AKO/ExamView: Standards can be added or changed by selecting Standards from the ribbon.
- Deselect any standards that should not be used.
- Select the standards to be included.
- When a new Standard is selected, the confirmation message will display.
- When deselecting a Standards, a confirmation to proceed will be displayed.
- Confirmation of the removal will display.
- Use the drop down listing to add or change standards for specific items.
- When all changes have been made in the Summary step, click Save.
- A message will appear listing the rescoring options chosen. Click OK to continue.
- Confirmation of the updates is provided.
- A warning message is provided to review the Performance Level definition if point values have been updated.
Rescoring does not make any changes to an item within the item bank.