The Answer Key Only (AKO) assessment type allows users to align an answer sheet for an existing assessment that exists outside the application.
After completing AKO Assessment Info and Standards, users advance to the Answer Key screen. This article outlines the layout of the AKO Answer Key setup screen.
Before You Begin
This lesson begins assuming Assessment Info and Standards have already been selected.
Where to Start
- Enter the number of items on the assessment and then select Update.
- Use the toggle to determine if Multiple Forms/Versions should be generated
- A table populates below with a row for each item. The default item type is MC (Multiple Choice) but this can be changed as shown in the next step.
- Select the Question/Item Type for each item:
- CR = Constructed Response
- EBSR = Evidence-Based Selected Response (online only)
- IC = Incline Choice
- MB = Multiple Binary
- MC = Multiple Choice
- MR = Multiple Response
- NR = Numerical Response
- SA = Short Answer
- Select the # of Choices and Type of Choices for each item, as appropriate.
- Indicate the Correct Answer and Points possible. (For CR items, indicate the rubric points and the rubric multiplier and the total points will be automatically calculated.)
- Select the Standard(s) that align(s) with the item(s), if one or more was selected in the previous step.
- Select on the down arrow to see Functions:
- Copy Standards (allows users to copy the same standard for a number of consecutive items)
- Copy Entire Row (allows users to duplicate the item row)
- Delete (allows users to delete the item row).
- Select Set Spiral Standards to determine if standards being assessed are 'New' to students or if they have been assessed and are being re-introduced or reassessed as Spiral Standards. Reporting on these standards appears on the Integrated Performance (IP) Report.
- Process for creating a Numerical Response Item Type:
- Select NR, then Select Griddable Template.
- View the available templates and choose the one that is most appropriate for the item by choosing Select This Template.
If you need a template that is not currently available, work with your Administrator/Template Manager to request that it be created and made available.
- The template will populate on the Answer Key setup page. Use the black and orange boxes to enter tolerances. Add a Tolerance value by selecting +T. Remove a tolerance value by selecting -T .
Including a Tolerance value allows a numerical response answer to be scored as correct when its value is within the selected Tolerance range. For example, a Tolerance of .01 would allow an answer to be plus or minus .01 of the exact answer. If the problem asks students to round 3.666 to the nearest hundredth, and the Tolerance is set at .01, then the following answers would be scored as correct ¬¨¬®‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†3.66, 3.67, and 3.68
- Enter the correct response by seleecting the circles in the template.
- Change the chosen template by selecting the pencil next to the template name.
- Previous/Save/Next - In the lower right corner, select Save to exit the system and return later. Or, click Next to automatically save and proceed to the next step.