The Answer Key Only (AKO) assessment type allows users to align an answer sheet for an existing assessment that exists outside the application.
After completing AKO Assessment Info and Standards, users advance to the Answer Key screen. This article outlines the layout of the AKO Answer Key setup screen.
1. Answer Key
- Enter the number of items on the assessment and then click Update.
- Set up for Multiple Forms/Versions
- A matrix populates below with a row for each of the items indicated. The default item type is MC (Multiple Choice) but this can be changed as shown in the next step.
- Select the Question/Item Type for each item.
- CR = Constructed Response
- EBSR = Evidence-Based Selected Response (online only)
- MB = Multiple Binary
- MC = Multiple Choice
- MR = Multiple Response
- NR = Numerical Response
- SA = Short Answer
- Select the # of Choices for each item, as appropriate.
Select the Type of Choices for each item, as appropriate.
- Indicate the Correct Answer.
Indicate the Points possible. (Note: For CR items, indicate the rubric points and the rubric multiplier and the total points will be automatically calculated.)
- Select the Standard(s) that align(s) with the item, if one or more was selected in the previous step.
- Click on the down arrow to see the Functions:
- Copy Standards (allows you to copy the same standard for a number of consecutive items)
- Copy Entire Row (allows you to duplicate the row just created)
- Delete (allows you to delete the row).
- Select Set Spiral Standards to determine if standards being assessed are 'New' to students or if they have been assessed and are being re-introduced or reassessed as Spiral Standards. Reporting on these standards appears on the Integrated Performance (IP) Report.
- Process for creating a Numerical Response Item Type:
- Select NR, then click on Select Griddable Template.
- View the available templates and choose the one that is most appropriate for the item by clicking Select This Template.
If you need a template that is not currently available, work with your Administrator/Template Manager to request that it be created and made available.
- The template will populate on the Answer Key setup page. There will be black boxes for entering in the correct response and orange boxes underneath for adding a Tolerance value (T) if appropriate. Remove T by clicking on the orange T button.
Including a Tolerance value allows a numerical response answer to be scored as correct when its value is within the selected Tolerance range. For example, a Tolerance of .01 would allow an answer to be plus or minus .01 of the exact answer. If the problem asks students to round 3.666 to the nearest hundredth, and the Tolerance is set at .01, then the following answers would be scored as correct 3.66, 3.67, and 3.68
- Enter the correct response by clicking in the circles in the template.
- Change the chosen template by clicking on the pencil next to the template name to view the existing templates again and chose another one.
- Previous/Save/Next - In the lower right corner, click Save if you are done with making your selections on the Answer Key screen and wish to exit the system to return later. Or, click Next to proceed to the next step and your work will automatically be saved.