Where to Start
- From the Top Menu Bar Grid icon, click the Assessments tile.
- Once the Manage Assessments page opens, click the green Create Assessments button located in the upper right corner of the screen and in the dropdown menu, select Answer Key Only (AKO).
Note the breadcrumb arrow links for the different assessment setup screens. As you complete each step, it will be denoted in the breadcrumb with a green check which serves as a visual cue of your progress. The current step will be highlighted in green.
An assessment cannot be published until all steps in the breadcrumb are checked.
If you do not plan to include Performance Levels for your assessment you can do so, but you must click the Next button on the Performance Level setup screen to register the breadcrumb green check before proceeding on to the final Setup screen.
- School Year - The new assessment will default to the school year as set in My Preferences. To select another year, click on the current year and select the desired year from the drop down.
- Assessment Level - Depending on your role, you may be able to create assessments at the School and/or District level. Select the level appropriate for this assessment, if a selection is available.
- Assessment Name: Enter the assessment name. The assessment name must be unique and clear to you and anyone you may decide to share with.
- Subject: Select the subject from the drop-down menu. You can add other subjects in the next step, if desired.
Existing Collection: Select an existing Collect to save the assessment to.
PLC: Select an existing Professional Learning Community (PLC).
- Tag Assessment: Give your assessment a tag for easier search capability within the Manage Assessments module.
Student Selection: There are four options for scheduling students.
- Schedule all students to take this assessment - If you are a teacher level user, then all students are all the students on your roster(s). If you are a school level user, then all students are all rostered students at your school. If you are a district level user, then all students are all students across the district.
- Schedule students by grade level: Use this option if you want only students in a specific grade(s) to take the assessment. Check the box(es) of the grade(s) you wish to schedule
- Schedule students by Course Group or Course: Use this option if you have created Course Groups in the Group Manager or would like only students in a specific Course(s) to take the assessment.
- Schedule students by Student Group: Choose this option if you have created student groups in the Group Manager and want only those students to take the assessment.
Setup for Multiple Grades
Setup for Multiple Grade Grade(s) combines unique grade level assessments into a single, multi-grade assessment. If selected, students will not be able to take the assessment online.
- Toggle Setup for Multiple Assessment Grade(s) to Yes.
- Two confirmations will appear stating the assessment cannot be given online and details on what this function is. Select OK on both to continue.
- Select the Grade(s) for the assessment.
- Select how to schedule students for each grade selected.
- Select Next to save and continue to the next step.