The Student Portal is the User Interface used by students to take online assessments. There are a variety of tools that may be available for an assessment. Available tools are determined by the Test Administrator and/or the Test Creator.
- Translation Settings - Full Assessment Translation: If the Translation tool has been enabled, select the preferred Language from the drop down menu, and select which Text to translate. Select Apply to display the choices.
- Translation Settings - Translate Selection: If the Translate Selection tool has been enabled, the option to translate selected text will appear with the Dictionary and Picture Dictionary lookup options.
Text to Speech Audio Settings
Audio Settings: Select the speaker button to open the Audio Settings window.
- Volume controls how loudly or softly the text is read aloud.
- Speaking Rate controls how fast the text is read aloud.
- Pronunciation determines what language the text should be read. Set Pronunciation to “Spanish” if you have items written in Spanish to ensure they are pronounced correctly. This setting will not perform any translation.
Dictionary & Picture Dictionary
- English Dictionary - Monolingual English word dictionary tool for students to look up words during online testing.
- Spanish Dictionary - Monolingual Spanish word dictionary tool for students to look up words during online testing.
- Picture Dictionary - Picture Dictionary tool for students to look up viuals during online testing.
Word Dictionary allows students to look up words during online testing. Picture Dictionary allows students to look up visuals during online testing.
If Text-to-Speech is enabled, it will also be applied to the Dictionary and Picture Dictionary.