This lesson guides users through Linking Item Bank and Performance Based assessments from the Assessment Manager. Linking assessments allow users to create composite scores within reporting.
The feature only works with Item Bank and Performance Based assessments.
Where to Start
- From the Grid, go to Assessments to access the Manage Assessments page.
- Select two or more Item Bank or Performance Based assessments to link together.
- Select the Link Assessments icon under Bulk Functions.
- Open the Linked Tab to access any set of linked assessments.
Selected assessments must be Item Bank or Performance Based assessments. They must be published, cannot be embargoed, and must have Score Labels of Raw Score and Score Types of Numeric in order to be linked together.
- Enter a Linked Assessment Name.
- Verify the selected assessments are correct. Uncheck any assessments that should not be linked.
- Select Next to continue.
- Add weighting by entering Weighted Percentages into the text box for each assessment or select Skip Weighted Percentages.
- Select Next to continue or Save to save progress and come back later.
Applying weighting will generate weighted points, which will be applied to the linked assessment.
- Assessment Points x Weighted Percentage = Weighted Points
- The summation of the weighted points will be the new value of the new linked assessment.
- Determine the Performance Level setup for the linked assessments.
- Select Save to save the Performance Levels.
- Select Close to return to Manage Assessments.
- Select the dropdown arrow under Functions
- Select Scaled Scores
Creating Scaled Scores is an option configuration. Linked Assessment do not require Scaled Scores to exist.
- Enter Scaled Score values or choose to Load from Available Templates.
- Save after entries are complete
- Use the + to add additional Scaled Score Sets
- Once all sets are entered, use the checkbox to determine if values will display on the Staff Portal and the drop down if they'll appear in Reports.
- View the History of Scaled Scores sets entered.
- Once finished, Apply Scale to Reports.
The data in Predefined Reports reflects a composite score of the linked assessments. Linked Assessments can be toggled back and forth using the Linked button. Student must have completed all of the assessments to appear in Predefined Reports of the Linked Assessments. The assessments linked can also still be reported on individually as well.