Districts can request an automation of Star and iReady data into SchoolCity. This creates a flow of data between the vendor and SchoolCity allowing the data to remain up to date without further intervention from the district. Districts can also manually add assessment data, other than Star and iReady, to the FTP site where it can then be imported into SchoolCity. This article provides details on these processes.
Auto Data Imports
- Submit a support ticket to i-Ready requesting an automated export to SchoolCity.
- A Data Sharing Agreement (DSA) should be filled out with i-Ready allowing them to share data with SchoolCity.
- Once the i-Ready export has been established, submit a support ticket to SchoolCity requesting an automated import of i-Ready data.
- Submit a support ticket to either Renaissance or SchoolCity requesting an automation.
- Obtain assessment data.
- Files obtained from the state or vendor are recommended.
- If received from a vendor, files should not be opened before initially saving to the user's device. This may corrupt the data.
- Files must be in CSV, fixed-length text, or similar format. PDFs can not be imported.
- Post files to the SchoolCity FTP site.
- Submit a support ticket to SchoolCity requesting FTP site information if needed.
- Place files into the "TestResults" folder within the school year folder that the test was administered.
- In cases where there are special loading instructions to be communicated or where confirmation of upload into SchoolCity is needed, submit a ticket to SchoolCity support indicating that assessment files have been posted to the FTP site.
- Files should be imported into SchoolCity in approximately 5 business days.