Where to Start
- From the Top Menu Bar Grid icon, select the Assessments tile.
- Use the green Create Assessments dropdown menu located in the upper right corner of the screen to select Item Bank.
Assessment Info Screen
Note the breadcrumb arrow links for the different assessment setup screens. As each step is completed, it will be denoted in the breadcrumb with a green check which serves as a visual cue of progress. The current step will be highlighted in green.
An assessment cannot be published until all steps in the breadcrumb are checked.
If you do not plan to include Performance Levels for your assessment you can do so, but you must cycle through all the Setup steps and click the Next button on the Performance Level screen to register the breadcrumb green check prior to publishing your assessment.
- School Year - The new assessment will default to the school year as set in My Preferences. To select another year, click on the current year and select the desired year from the drop down.
- Assessment Name - Enter the assessment name. The assessment name must be unique and clear to you and other users who you may choose to share your assessment with.
- Subject - Select the subject from the drop-down menu. You can add other subjects in the next step, if desired.
- Notes - Use the toggle to select Yes or No. If toggled to Yes, users will be able to enter notes for individdual students in the Test Results report. 3000 characters max. Notes willonly be accessable by Staff users only.
- Select a PLC (optional) - Select a PLC to filter the student population. If a PLC is chosen, Student Selection will be based on the students rostered to the collective PLC.
Student Selection - There are four options for scheduling.
- Schedule all students to take this assessment - If you are a teacher level user, then 'all students' are all the students on your roster(s). If you are a school level user, then 'all students' are all rostered students at your school site. If you are a district level user, then 'all students' are all students across the district.
- Schedule students by grade level: Use this option if you want only students in a specific grade to take the assessment. Check the boxes of the grades that you wish to schedule
- Schedule students by Course Group or Course: Use this option if you have created a Course Group in the Group Manager or would like only students in specific Courses to take the assessment.
- Schedule students by Student Group: Choose this option if you have created a student Group in the Group Manager and would like only those students to take the assessment.
- Existing Collection (Optional): Select an existing assessment Collection to save your assessment to.
- PLC (Optional): Select an existing Professional Learning Community (PLC) to save your assessment to.
- Tag Assessment (Optional): Attach tags to your assessment for easier search capability within the Manage Assessments module.
During PLC assessment creation, when you attempt to change the PLC selection or Assessment Level in Assessment Info after adding PLC items to the assessment you will be prompted to decide whether to keep or discard the PLC items because the PLC or assessment level has been changed.
- Save/Next: Select Save if you are done with your selections on the Assessment Info screen and wish to exit the system to return later. Or, select Next to proceed to the next step and your work will automatically be saved.