After completing the item selection process for an Item Bank assessment, users advance to the Summary screen. The Summary setup screen displays an overview of your unpublished assessment and lists a number of further setup options which will be covered in this article.
Where to Start
- Setup Multiple Forms/Versions - If you are administering the assessment on paper only, and would like multiple forms/versions, slide No to Yes. Select the number of forms you would like as prompted. The assessment item order will be automatically rearranged on each form. You may select setup multiple forms only if the chosen items can be administered on paper, all items are Multiple Choice, and all items have the same number of answer choices.
- Standard selection - At least one standard must be selected for each item. All aligned standards will be listed including those chosen in the Filters step. Choose the standard(s) you want for reporting purposes by clicking in the box next to the standard number.
- Points - The number in the box represents the default setting from the Item Bank. If the box is white, you may change the point value by clicking inside the box and entering the desired value. Because of the scoring rubric for CR items, the point value is set and cannot be changed, as indicated by a gray box.
- Order Items & Add Instructions - Click on the blue bar to customize the Test Booklet.
- Online Markup - Click here to add Text to Speech reading functionality, create support content for Pop-ups or Rollovers, and/or add resources.
- Show Item Totals - Click here to see a summary of the Items Types, DOK Levels, and Difficulty Levels.
- Online Preview - Click here to preview how the assessment will appear in the Student Portal.
- Test Booklet - Click here to preview a draft of the student test booklet for paper administration.
- Summary - Click here to view a draft of the summary of the assessment.
- Scoring Event - For an Item Bank assessment containing at least one CR and/or WP item the user has the option to include that item to be scored in a Scoring Event.
- Previous/Save/Next - On the bottom right, click on Next after you have made all your selections and you wish to continue with your assessment creation. Click on Save if you are done with your selections and wish to exit the system. Click on Previous if you need to go back to the previous step.
- Scoring Event Warning - For an Item Bank assessment containing at least one CR and/or WP item that was selected to be scored in a Scoring Event, a message will display on the Score Online screen to notify users that items selected for scoring via Scoring Event will not be available on that screen.
- Select Set Spiral Standards to determine if standards being assessed are 'New' to students or if they have been assessed and are being re-introduced or reassessed as Spiral Standards. Reporting on these standards appears on the Integrated Performance (IP) Report.
Order Items & Add Instructions:
- Click on the blue bar, Order Items & Add Instructions.
Items Numbering: The items appear in the order they were selected in the previous step. You can reorder the items automatically or manually.
- Auto allows you to reorder by dragging and dropping them into the correct order.
- Manual allows you to reorder the items by typing in the number next to each item.
- Test Booklet Preview - Click on the orange arrow to maximize the preview.
- Scroll through the Test Booklet, download, print, or zoom in or out by using the icons on the right.
- 2 column layout - Slide No to Yes to reorganize the items into two columns (if allowed by item type).
- Click Save and Update Test Booklet to view the changes.
- Custom Instructions - Click on Custom Instructions to organize the Test Booklet in sections with specific instructions.
- Number of Sections - Enter the desired number of sections, and click Update.
- Overall Instructions - Slide No to Yes to add overall instructions.
- Name each section, enter instructions, and indicate which items belong in the section.
- Click Apply Sections.
- Click on Online Markup to set Text to Speech, create Pop-ups and Rollovers, and add Resources. Delete Markup removes all markup from the current screen or from the entire assessment.
- Text to Speech (TTS) - Set TTS for both passages and items, or only one or the other by checking the box next to each.
- Custom Speech - Select the text that will contain custom speech and apply the settings needed.
Pop-up - Used for definitions of words or phrases. Highlight text for which you want to add a Pop-up, then click on Pop-up. Enter the Pop-up Content, then click on Add Markup.
- The pop-up will display as an underlined word in the text. Students will click on the word and the Pop-up will appear directly above the word or phrase.
Rollover - Used for phrases or sentences. Highlight text for which you want to add a Rollover, then click on Add Markup.
- The Rollover will display as an arrow to the right of the sentence. Students will click the arrow and the Rollover will appear above the original sentence or phrase.
- Click the Rollover arrow to edit or delete the Rollover markup.
Resources - Click on the Download icon to upload a PDF of a resource for a specific item or for the test as a whole. Once uploaded, the download icon will be green.
- Click on the + icon to create a resource for an item or whole test. Name the resource and use the CKEditor formatting tools to create the resource. Use the trashcan icon to delete a resource.
- Click Save& Preview to view the resource from the students’ point of view, or Save.
- Click the World icon to view the resources, then click on the name to view.
Delete Markups - Click the Delete Markups button to either Delete from the current screen or the overall assessment.
Show Item Totals:
The item totals show how many of each item type you have selected, the number of items in each DOK Level, and the number of items in each Difficulty Level. Go back to the Items step if you want to reselect items to change the types, DOK or Difficulty levels.
This is a full screen preview of how the assessment will appear in the Student Portal for online administration. You can scroll through all items and use the tools in the same way that students will.
This is a preview of the student booklet for paper/pencil administration, or for printing a hard copy of the assessment. The booklet will show a "Draft" watermark until the assessment has been published in the last step of the creation process.
Once published, a PDF of the test booklet will be automatically uploaded to the Functions column Documents folder icon in the Manage Assessments module where it can be accessed for printing.
The Summary document includes an Assessment Summary section, a Standards Summary section, and an Items and Rubric/Rationale section. The Summary is stamped with Draft until the assessment is published in the last step of the creation process.
Once published, a PDF of the summary document will be automatically uploaded to the Functions column Documents folder icon in the Manage Assessments module where it can be accessed for printing.
Once you are finished making selections on the Summary screen, click Save if you are done if you wish to exit the system to return later. Or, click Next to proceed to the next assessment setup step and your work will automatically be saved.