After completing Assessment Info, users advance to the Filters screen. When creating an Item Bank assessment, users have two methods for selecting items to add --Selecting Items by Standard and/or Selecting Items by Criteria.
This article covers the steps to select items by standard.
- Select Items by Standards: Filters in this tab will allow you to find items based on standards you select.
- Select Standards: Items can be filtered by items without standards (No Standards Selected checkbox), Not Aligned checkbox, or subject groupings. For ELA, the standards your state uses will populate by strand, then grade. For Math and other subjects, grade levels will populate first, then domains or topics.
- The +Create button displays on every Item Bank Setup screen and permits the test author to create both Items and Passages "on the fly" while building an assessment. Selecting one of the two options will open the Create New Items or Create New Passages full screen. Please see the Create Items or Create Passages articles for detailed information.
- Select grade: Select the desired strand/grade/domain/topic and the standards will appear on the right-hand side.
- Standards: Select the appropriate standard(s) from the list by clicking the checkbox beside each unique standard identifier. Once selected, the box changes to green with a white checkmark.
- # of Available Items Linked to a Standard: The number of available items displays in green brackets next to each standard identifier (across all banks that a user has access to).
- Selected Standards: As you select standards, they will be displayed in the Selected Standards section.
- Add Subjects: If you want the assessment to include standards from multiple subjects, select the Add Subjects block to see a menu of other Standard Sets that are available for selection. Select the Standard set you want, then repeat step 5 to select the standards.
- Once you complete standard mapping click Save if you are done with making your selections on the Info screen and wish to exit the system to return later. Or, click Next to proceed to the next step and your work will automatically be saved.