Many assessments within SchoolCity can be administered online to students through the Student Portal. Scheduled students must be activated, and their progress monitored by the Test Administrator. This document will review the entire process for activating students and monitoring an online assessment.
To learn how to access the Online Administration dashboard, please see the Accessing Manage Assessment for Online Administration document.
Pause and Resume
During the administration of the assessment, students who are In Process (orange) may need to take a short break of no more than 30 minutes.
- Check the box next to the student’s name.
- Click on Pause. This will temporarily stop the clock and suspend the test for that student.
- A red bar will appear next to the student’s ID number and the word Paused and number of items in red will show in the Status column.
- A message will appear informing you that a student’s test has been paused and how to resume testing. Click OK.
- Students will also see a message in the Student Portal when the test administrator has paused the test.
To resume testing, select the box(es) of the student(s) who have been paused, and then click Resume. Students can then proceed as before, and the status will return to In Process (orange).
- If for any reason you need to stop an assessment for students who are still In Process, check the box next to each student’s name, and click on the bolded Stop button.
- An alert will appear to verify that this is the desired action. Once a test is stopped for a student, it will lock them out of testing until they are made Active again. Click Stop Testing or Cancel.
- All selected students who have been stopped will now have a red bar next to their ID number. The word Stopped and number of items will appear in red in the Status column.
- To reactivate a stopped student, click on the box next to the student’s ID number, and then click on the bolded Activate button.
- The student’s status will change to Reactivated. He can log back into the Student Portal and continue testing. All previous work will have been saved. Once he begins taking the assessment again, his status will change to In Process (orange).
- To submit scores for a student who is Stopped, Exited or Incomplete (red), select the checkbox next to the student’s name, and click on the bolded Submit Score(s) button. This means the test is being completed for the student regardless of the student’s progress on the assessment.
- A message will appear verifying that this is the desired action. Click OK or Cancel.
- If OK was selected, a second message will appear confirming the submission of scores.
- Students whose scores have been submitted by the test administrator will have a green bar next to their ID number and name, and be shown as Completed in the Status column, along with the number of items completed.
Only Users with permission from the district may delete scores. You may not have permission to delete scores for School and/or District level assessments.
- To delete scores for any student who is Completed (green) select the checkbox next to the student’s name, and click on the bolded Delete Score(s) button.
- A message will appear to verify that this is the desired action. Click Delete Scores or Cancel.
- After scores have been deleted, the students will be shown as Inactive (gray), and can be Activated again for this assessment, providing the testing window is still open.
When the score of a student on an assessment is deleted in the staff portal either by directly logging into SchoolCity or by launching the SchoolCity app from the Teacher Control Panel of the LTI interface, the scores of the students will be deleted for the linked assessment both in the LMS gradebooks and in the Teacher Control Panel.