Many assessments within SchoolCity can be administered online to students through the Student Portal. Scheduled students must be activated, and their progress monitored by the Test Administrator. This document will review the management of the duration and time in an online assessment.
To learn how to access the Online Administration dashboard, please see the Accessing Manage Assessment for Online Administration document.
Duration and Timer
If you want to set a time limit for the assessment and did not set one during the assessment creation process, Duration may be set in Advanced Settings in the Online Administration screen. This must be done BEFORE students are activated.
- From Online Administration, select the Advanced tab.
- Next to Duration, slide No to Yes.
- Set the Hours and Minutes by clicking in each box and using the up/down arrows to set the correct time.
- Select the Default Time Increment for increasing or decreasing the time during the test in the same way.
- Click Save in the lower right corner.
- Return to the Online Administration screen by clicking on the Students tab.The timer is displayed on the right side of the table. Increase or decrease the time for all students by the default increments you selected in Advanced Settings by clicking on the clock icon under Time Remaining.
- Use the up/down arrows to increase or decrease time. Once the time is correct, click on Apply.
- To increase or decrease time for a specific student, click on the clock icon to the right of the student’s name. Use the up/down arrows to increase or decrease time
- To disable the timer for a specific student, click on the red clock icon to the far right of the student’s name.
- A message will appear explaining that this will permanently remove the timer for the student and cannot be changed. Click on Proceed with disabling timer or Cancel.