Many assessments within SchoolCity can be administered online to students through the Student Portal. Scheduled students must be activated, and their progress monitored by the Test Administrator. This document will review the process for working with Multiple Sessions.
To learn how to access the Online Administration dashboard, please see the Accessing Manage Assessment for Online Administration document.
Allow Multiple Sessions
The Allow Multiple Sessions option is only available through Advanced Settings and not through the Assessment Creation process. In order to establish Multiple Settings, navigate to Advanced Settings and define the sessions.
Activate students for the assessment. Students will have visibility of only the items that are defined for the activated session.
Once students are activated for Session 1 they must submit Session 1 results prior to being available for Session 2 activation.
- When the Session 1 items have been completed, the student must select Done.
- The student will be prompted to review their work and select Submit.
- From the Online Administration dashboard, note the Assessment Session selection. Any review of status is dependent on the Session setting.
- The students that have submitted Session 1 results will display as completed.
- To administer Session 2, update the Assessment Session selection.
- Students that have submitted Session 1 results, will display as Inactive.
Once the Assessment Session has been selected, process the activation for selected students.
- Select Day 2 session
- Select the checkbox to the left of the student name.
- Select Activate.
- The selected students will appear Active for Session 2.
- Report data will not be available until students have submitted results for all sessions.
- Individual students may be administered subsequent sessions prior to all students submitting results for prior sessions.
- If necessary, students may be activated for sessions out of sequence (Session 2 prior to session 1).