SchoolCity Scan is a non-browser based scanning application that is available in SchoolCity. This Windows-based application removes browser compatibility issues. Features such as bulk scanning (mixed assessments within one scanning batch), student search, manual input screen (if for any reason the paper version is not successfully processed by the scanner), and PDF scanning are available.
After installing SchoolCity Scan, student answer sheets may be scored using a compatible, TWAIN-compliant scanner.
Please refer to the help document, Installing SchoolCity Scan, for information on how to install the application.
- Once SchoolCity Scan has been successfully installed on your computer, click the SchoolCity Scan icon located on your computer desktop.
- Sign in using your SchoolCity User Name and Password.
SchoolCity Scan Home Page:
- User Menu Bar (blue): Welcome, Name, Role, Change Role or School (if available), About SchoolCity Scan, Logout button.
- Top Menu Bar (white): Bulk Scanning, PDF Bulk Scanning, Bulk Survey (Please review the Survey Help Document for additional information on Scanning Surveys), Configure.
- Assessment Filters: Year, Collection, and/or Subject. Click Refresh to view results.
- Assessment tabs: Same layout as in the SchoolCity Manage Assessments module. Available tabs depend on your SchoolCity role (most common tabs are teacher-level My Assessments, School, District and PLC). Click a tab to narrow your search. The tab label you select is highlighted in orange.
- Search box: Enter an assessment name and click on the magnifying glass.
- Assessments List ready to scan.
Find the Assessment to Scan:
- Use the Filters. In the example above, the PLC (Professional Learning Communities) filter menu was utilized.
- Or the Search Box to locate the assessment you wish to scan.
- Click on the Assessment Name to begin.
- Single Assessment Scanning: Scan answer sheets for one assessment only. Load Answer sheets in the scanner as directed by your scanner instructions, then click Start Scan.
The results will appear on the SCANNING screen. The Select Check Box, Row #, Student ID, and Student Name will remain fixed on the screen when scrolling horizontally, left to right.
- Errors will show as yellow. You have the option to view the Image Preview as well as the Student Answer Sheet in order to compare the results.
- Click Review Errors to view an Image Preview where you can see the scan sheet.
- Click the box to the left of the Student ID and select Delete Row(s) in order to delete a row before uploading.
- Click Upload Results when ready to submit all results.
- Click the Clear Scanning button to clear the screen of incorrectly scanned sheets or to clear the screen without having to exit the scanning screen.
- Submit to Support: If you need help from SchoolCity Support to resolve a scanning issue, click on Submit to Support. Users must enter their Email ID (address) and may include a Phone number and/or Comment to assist our team. Click Send and the application will automatically attach the scanning files and email them to our secure FTP site.
This feature allows for manual entry of student responses and the ability to enter the Student ID so that scores may be uploaded.
- Click on Manual Input.
- Enter Student ID, then manually enter student responses.
- Click Done to upload results, then click Next to go to the next student.
- Upload Results: Once the answer sheets have been scanned and uploaded, you will receive a confirmation message. Click OK to continue.