SchoolCity Scan is a non-browser based scanning application that is available in SchoolCity. This Windows-based application removes browser compatibility issues. Features such as bulk scanning (mixed assessments within one scanning batch), student search, manual input screen (if for any reason the paper version will not make it through the scanner), and PDF scanning are available.
After installing SchoolCity Scan, student answer sheets may be scored using a compatible, TWAIN-compliant scanner.
Please refer to the help document, Installing SchoolCity Scan, for information on how to install the application.
Scan answer sheets from different assessments at the same time.
- Click on Bulk (blue icon) in the Top Menu Bar.
- Click on Start Bulk Scan in the BULK SCANNING screen. “Assessment Name” will be listed in Bulk Scanning results.
The results will appear on the SCANNING screen. The Select Check Box, Row #, Student ID, and Student Name will remain fixed on the screen when scrolling horizontally, left to right.
- The Bulk Scan Results display in a table with the identifying Assessment Name.
- Select the Student ID or Student Name to see the Answer Sheet Image.
- Questions with Errors display as yellow in School City. On the scan sheet, they are noted by an asterisk. You have the option to view the Image Preview as well as the Student Answer Sheet in order to compare the results.
- Click Review Errors to view an Image Preview where you can see the scan sheet.
- Click the box to the left of the Student ID and select Delete Row(s) in order to delete a row before uploading.
- Click Upload Results when ready to submit all results.
- Click the Clear Scanning button to clear the screen of incorrectly scanned sheets or to clear the screen without having to exit the scanning screen.
- Submit to Support: If you need help from SchoolCity Support to resolve a scanning issue, click on Submit to Support. Users must enter their Email ID (address) and may include a Phone number and/or Comment to assist our team. Click Send and the application will automatically attach the scanning files and email them to our secure FTP site.
- Upload Results: Once the answer sheets have been scanned and uploaded, you will receive a confirmation message. Click OK to continue.