SchoolCity Scan is a non-browser based scanning application that is available for SchoolCity users. This Windows-based application allows for features such as: bulk scanning (mixed assessments within one scanning batch), student search, manual input screen (if for any reason the paper version will not make it through the scanner), and PDF scanning. The following instructions will guide you through the steps to install the SchoolCity Scan app.
SchoolCity only supports scanning on Windows devices.
Where to Start
- From your SchoolCity Launchpad, click on the Help icon “?” located on the upper right of the Top Menu Bar (white bar).
Depending on the device and network setup at the School District, users may not have the permission to download and install applications. If an error occurs when attempting to download and install the SchoolCity Scan application indicating that you do not have permission to install the software, please contact the School District Network/Desktop Administrator for assistance.
- Scroll down to the Other Resources section of SchoolCity HELP.
- Click on Downloads.
- Click on the newest SchoolCity Scan [District name] Installer.
Depending on your web browser, the .msi file can be found in one of the following locations:
- Chrome: Bottom left corner of your browser window.
- Mozilla Firefox: Receive prompt to Save File and it will be available in browser downloads.
- Edge: Bottom of web browser window.
Click to Save or Run File and proceed to install.
- The SchoolCity Scan Setup Wizard window will appear. Click Next and follow the sequence (left to right, top to bottom).
- Select Finish in the last step.
The SchoolCity Scan icon will appear on your computer’s desk top once the installation is complete.
- Log in using your SchoolCity User Name and Password. Verify that the version number matches what was displayed in the Downloads window in the Other Resources section noted above.
- Once you are logged in to SchoolCity Scan, plug in your compatible, twain-compliant scanner.
- Click Configure in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Detect and select your scanner from the drop down list.
- Click Save to continue.
- After clicking Save, you will receive the confirmation message “Scanner setup successfully completed.” Click OK to continue.
If the scanner is not connected or the proper twain driver is not installed, you will receive an error message stating, No Scanner detected.