SchoolCity Scan is a non-browser based scanning application that is available in SchoolCity. This Windows-based application removes browser compatibility issues. Features such as bulk scanning (mixed assessments within one scanning batch), student search, manual input screen (if for any reason the paper version will not make it through the scanner), and PDF scanning are available.
After installing SchoolCity Scan, student answer sheets may be scored using a compatible, TWAIN-compliant scanner.
Please refer to the help document, Installing SchoolCity Scan, for information on how to install the application.
- Once SchoolCity Scan has been successfully installed on your computer, click the SchoolCity Scan icon located on your computer desktop.
- Sign in using your SchoolCity User Name and Password.
SchoolCity Scan Home Page:
- User Menu Bar (blue): Welcome, Name, Role, Change Role or School (if available), About SchoolCity Scan, Logout button.
- Top Menu Bar (white): Bulk Scanning, PDF Bulk Scanning, Bulk Survey (Please review the Survey Help Document for additional information on Scanning Surveys), Configure.
- Assessment Filters: Year, Collection, and/or Subject. Click Refresh to view results.
- Assessment tabs: Same as in SchoolCity Assessment Manager (available tabs depend on your SchoolCity role).
- Search box: Enter an assessment name and click on the magnifying glass.
- Assessments List ready to scan.
Configure your compatible, TWAIN-compliant scanner:
- In the Top Menu Bar of the HOME screen, click Configure.
- The Configure window will open with the General tab in orange (default setting).
- Scanner Model: Click on the down arrow to select the correct scanner, then click Detect.
- Select DPI: Select 100, 200, or 300.
- Black Threshold: This setting determines how light or dark the scanning application will read shades of gray. The lower the Black Threshold setting, light shades of gray will read as the color white. The higher the Black Threshold setting, light shades of gray will read as the color black.
- Clean up local drive (frequency): This will provide the following options: None, Every 4 Weeks, or Every Week. Click Cleanup Now, if needed.
- Click Save, or Cancel.
Scanned images are saved to the SchoolCity folder after each batch of sheets is scanned. The scan session log files are maintained in the local drive folder.
Supported Scanners tab:
- Click on this tab to view a list of supported scanners approved by SchoolCity.
- Click on Download in the Driver column to download a specific scanner as needed.
- Click Save, or Cancel.
Scanners that are TWAIN compliant are compatible. However, not all devices that are compatible will be listed in the Supported Scanners listing.