Once an online assessment has been created, the online settings can be revised or refined by using Advanced Settings, which can be accessed in three ways: 1) during the last step when creating an online assessment; from the Functions drop down menu in Manage Assessments; 2) from the Functions drop down menu in Manage Assessments; and 3) from the Online Administration screen.
Where to Start
- From the Top Menu Bar, select Assessments.
- Find the desired published assessment from the list in Manage Assessments.
- To the far right in the same row as the assessment name, click on the down arrow in Functions, and select Advanced Settings.
From Create Assessment Setup
During the final Setup step when creating an assessment, the specifics for administering the assessment will be determined.
- Select Publish.
- A message will appear giving you the option of going to Advanced Settings, where these settings and others can be revised and refined.
From Online Administration
You can also access Advanced Online Settings from the Online Administration screen.
- From Manage Assessments, find the assessment you want to administer, and click on the bolded Online Admin icon (computer monitor).
- Select the Advanced tab.
While students are Inactive, click on the Advanced tab to revise or refine your previously selected online settings.
Online Settings Basics
Please access the Online Settings article here to review the Settings, Properties and Online Tool definitions.
- If this is an assessment you have created, and properties have not been locked by the district, then you can set or make revisions to these settings.
- Any changes made here will override the online settings made in the Setup step of the assessment creation process.
- Check the box to select the setting, or uncheck to deselect the setting.
Click on the (i) icon to view a brief description of each property.
Allow Multiple Sessions
The Allow Multiple Sessions option is only available through Advanced Settings and not through the Assessment Creation process. In order to establish Multiple Settings, navigate to Advanced Settings and define the sessions.
- To enable Multiple Sessions for an assessment, slide No to Yes
- Complete the information as desired. Online assessments may be split into sessions, each with a designated number of items for students to complete and a duration.
- Once revisions and refinements have been completed for the online settings, click Save at the bottom of the page
Refer to Monitoring an Assessment - Multiple Sessions to review how to administer an assessment with multiple sessions.