District administrators assigned the Admin Role have the ability to create and manage Griddable Templates that can be used when creating Numerical Response Items for an Answer Key Only or Express assessment, or when creating personal items within a Work Space for inclusion on an Item Bank assessment. Admin users may assign the role of Template Manager (with permission to View, Create/Edit, Copy, and/or Delete templates) to any other user in the district.
This article provides an overview of how to create and manage Griddable Templates for Numerical Response items.
Where to Start
- From the Top Menu Bar Grid icon, click the Admin tile.
Griddable Templates can be used for paper or online administration. On paper, students bubble in the answer on the template. Online, students enter the answer on a keypad. In the example above, 9 Griddable Templates have been created.
- Create New Template
- Preview a template by clicking on the template name.
- Click on the down arrow under Functions to Edit, Rename, or see its History.
- Make a Copy of the template by checking the open box to the left of the template name and selecting the Copy (two pages icon) button in the upper right corner.
- Delete - To remove a template check the open box next to the template name and clicking on the Delete (trashcan) icon.
You may not delete or edit a template that another user has created without permission to do so, or if it has already been used in an assessment.
Edit a Template
- Click on the down arrow under Functions and select Edit.
- The Template Name may be changed.
- The Define Column Properties may be revised. The revisions will be shown under Format Column Order.
- Click Save when all edits have been made.
If the Template is in use, the above message will be displayed.
Rename a Template
- Click on the down arrow under Functions and select Rename.
- Rename the Template as desired, then click Save. A message will appear confirming this action. Click OK to continue.
- Click on the down arrow under Functions and select History.
- Note the Activity Date, Activity, and User Full Name.
- Select the template you want to copy by checking the open box next to the template name. Select the Copy icon (double pages).
- Name the template copy, then click Save. A message will appear confirming this action. Click OK to continue.
Create New Template
- Click on Create New Template.
2. Enter the Template Name in the text box.
3. Define Column Properties: Enter the number of columns (maximum 10) by using the drop down.
4. The Griddable Template will appear under Format Column Order.
5. Include Decimals: Set decimals as a row or a column. Use the left/right arrows to place the decimal in the correct place.
6. Include Fraction Bar: Set a fraction bar as a row or a column. Use the left/right arrows to place the fraction bar in the correct place.
7. Include +/- Column: Sets the far left column as +/-.
8. Click Save when the template is completed, or Cancel to start over. The new template will be listed under the Griddable Template tab in the Admin module, and can be used when creating a Numerical Response item.