District administrators assigned the ADMIN role have the ability to determine District Defaults for the different modules across the application.
These settings can be locked so other users cannot change them, or left unlocked to give other users the flexibility to adjust as they deem appropriate. All default settings appear for each user in My Preferences, located under the user’s name and role in the blue User Menu Bar.
This article covers the permission settings found in the District Defaults > Assessment Properties.
Where to Start
- From the Top Menu Bar Grid icon, click the Admin tile.
- Or, from the Launchpad, click the ADMIN flip card to reveal the reverse side available options. Select Users.
2. Select the submenu tab Assessment Properties
Users cannot change this property: Check this box to lock all settings from being changed by any user across your district, no matter what assessment is being created or by whom. To lock a specific property, check the box next to the property name. Uncheck the box to remove the lock. Leave a box unchecked to allow users to change that setting in assessment setup, or in My Preferences.
- # of Recent Assessments to Display: Select the number of assessments to display under the Recent tab in the Assessment Manager.
- Testing Window: Select the time window (days, weeks, months) an assessment is viewable to users for administration. Value is the time from the date the assessment is created.
- Answer Sheet Printing Start Date: Determine the number of days (0-6) or weeks (0-4) answer sheets can be printed prior to the Administration Window start date.
- Scoring End Date: Determine the number of days (0-6) or weeks (0-4) Constructed Response/Writing Prompt items can be scored past the closing date of the testing window.
Scoring Method: Select the scoring method(s) in assessment setup.
- Scanning - is for paper/pencil testing using answer sheets and scoring with Scan.
- GradeCam™ - is for paper/pencil testing using GradeCam™ answer sheets and scoring with a document camera or computer camera.
- Student Online - is for online testing in the Student Portal with an Item Bank or ExamView assessment.
Online Answer Sheet - is for online testing in the Student Portal with an uploaded PDF of an AKO or Express assessment.
- Skip Performance Level - Select the ability to Skip Performance Level in assessment setup. Slide No to Yes if you want to allow Performance Level to be skipped. Otherwise, set at No.
- Skip Standards - Select the ability to Skip Standards in assessment setup. Slide No to Yes if you want to allow Standards to be skipped. Otherwise, set at No.
- Multi School Year Administration Window - Allows users to extend the administration window for an assessment for more than one school year.
- Multiple Items from Item Families - If set to Yes, allows users to select multiple items from an item family when creating Item Bank assessments.
3. Click Save to apply any changes made to Assessment Properties. A message will appear confirming this action. Click Update District Defaults & My Preferences, or Cancel.