District administrators assigned the ADMIN role have the ability to determine District Defaults for the different modules across the application.
These settings can be locked so other users cannot change them, or left unlocked to give other users the flexibility to adjust as they deem appropriate. All default settings appear for each user in My Preferences, located under the user’s name and role in the blue User Menu Bar.
This article covers the permission settings found in the District Defaults > Scanning Properties.
- From the Top Menu Bar Grid icon, select the Admin tile to navigate to the Admin module. Select the District Defaults tab.
Users cannot change this property: Check the open box to set and lock all properties for all other users. Or check the open box next to a specific property to lock only that one.
Answer Sheet Template: Presets the type of answer sheet in assessment setup. Individual Student sheets must be printed for each student. Class Roster sheets include all students on one sheet; students bubble in the Y bubble next to their name and complete the test.
Bubble Size: Presets the size of bubbles on the selected answer sheet Normal or Large.
- Click Save to save any changes made to Scanning Properties.
Click on the “i” icon for a short description of each property.
These properties apply to reports for all district, school, and teacher assessments. If left unlocked, the settings may be changed by any user while logged in to their account, under My Preferences.
A message will appear confirming this action. Click Update District Defaults & My Preferences, or Cancel.
Identifying Answer Sheet Types
When setting up an assessment, depending on the item types and total number of questions included on the test, districts that have licensed GradeCam document camera scanning may see an option for Scanning and GradeCam under Method of Delivery.
If the test creator selects both GradeCam and Scanning, when teachers navigate to the Print Answer Sheets screen, they will see an option to select their preferred format for printing sheets --GradeCam or Scanning.
Note, the scan sheets and GradeCam forms are not interchangeable. If GradeCam is selected, custom answer document forms specific to GradeCam are generated that can only be scanned in using the GradeCam application. Likewise, if "Scanning" is selected when printing, the answer documents must be scanned using the Scan application and a supported ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) model scanner.
- Individual Student - sample answer sheet - Pre-slugged with student name and ID filled in on each answer sheet.
- Class Roster - sample answer sheet - Scheduled students are listed in a left side column. Students must fill in the "Y" bubble beside their name.
- Individual Student (normal bubble size) - sample answer sheet
- Individual Student (large bubble size) - sample answer sheet
- GradeCam - generic sample form (users can also generate pre-slugged GradeCam forms)