District administrators assigned the ADMIN role have the ability to determine District Defaults for the different modules across the application.
These settings can be locked so other users cannot change them, or left unlocked to give other users the flexibility to adjust as they deem appropriate. All default settings appear for each user in My Preferences, located under the user’s name and role in the blue User Menu Bar.
This article covers the permission settings found in the District Defaults > Test Booklet PDF Properties.
- From the Top Menu Bar Grid icon, select the Admin tile to navigate to the Admin module. Select the District Defaults tab.
Test Booklet PDF Properties
- Select the submenu tab Test Booklet PDF Properties.
- Users cannot change this property: Check this box to lock all settings from being changed by any user across your district, no matter what assessment is being created or by whom. To lock a specific property, check the box next to the property name. Uncheck the box to remove the lock. Leave a box unchecked to allow users to change that setting in assessment setup, or in My Preferences.
- Cover Page: Slide Yes to No if no cover page is needed.
- Add Blank Page at Beginning: Select the number of blank pages at the beginning of the test booklet, after the Cover Page (0-9).
- Add Blank Page at End: Select the number of blank pages at the end of the test booklet (0-9).
- Assessment Name: Select Header or Footer, and alignment.
- Instruction Text in Footer: Select the text to display in the footer, aligned to the right in the booklet. Text can only be selected if there is no other footer option positioned with right alignment.
- Text to Display on Each Page: Select text to display on all pages except for the last page (None/GO ON/NEXT).
- Text to Display on Last Page: Select text to display in the last page. Text can signify a stopping or ending point (STOP/END).
- Page Number: Slide Yes to include page numbers or No to not include numbers.
- Header, Footer, Alignment: Note: Footer Alignment must be set to Center in order to include text instructions as described above.
- Page # Only or Page # Range: Select the desired page numbering.
- Passage Name Above Passage: Slide Yes to include Passage Name centered above the passage, or No to hide Passage Name.
- Include Response Space after CR Items: Add extra space after Constructed Response items for students to write responses (15 lines max).
- Text Document Font Settings: Select the font type and size.
- Assign Font and Font Size by Assessment Grade: set grade level specific font sizes or assessments assigned by grade.
Click on the “I” icon for a short description of each property.
Click Update District Defaults & My Preferences, or Cancel.