District administrators assigned the ADMIN role have the ability to determine District Defaults for the different modules across the application.
These settings can be locked so other users cannot change them, or left unlocked to give other users the flexibility to adjust as they deem appropriate. All default settings appear for each user in My Preferences, located under the user’s name and role in the blue User Menu Bar.
This article covers the permission settings found in the District Defaults > System Properties.
From the Grid icon, click the Admin tile.
- Select the submenu tab System Properties.
- Select Users cannot change this property to lock all settings on the System Properties screen from being changed by any user across your district. To lock a specific property, check the box next to the property name. Leave a box unchecked to give individual users the flexibility to change that setting under their user account My Preferences page.
- Use Decimals to set the number of digits that appear after the decimal point throughout the system. Minimum is zero (or none), the maximum is 3.
- Toggle Allow Teachers to Share Assessments to Google Classroom to enable that function in the staff portal. The Assignment Choose Link for the district appears below the toggle.
Click on the “i” icon for a short description of each property.
Email Notifications - Controls whether users across your district will receive an email notification for events including shared assessments, availability of report downloads, surveys, CR/WP items ready for scoring and hand-scored items that still need to be scored before a testing window closes.
- When the Email Notifications toggle is set to Yes, there is an option to Allow Replies to Email Notifications and set the Reply-To Email Address.
- Toggle Push to Skyward Gradebook to allow teachers to push assessment scores to the Skyward Gradebook.
- Use the selections below to determine how scores should be pushed to the gradebook.
- Time Zone - Select the correct time zone for your location from the drop down menu.
- School Year - Select the default school year for Assessments and Reports from the drop down menu.
- Assessment - the level of sharing of assessments between users in the district. Levels are sharing are District Wide (with all users in the district, with specific schools, grade levels, or with specific users) or Sharing Within the School, (with all users in the school, with grade levels or with specific users). Note: Teacher level users can share with other teacher, school, and district users.
- Custom Reports: Controls the level of sharing of Custom Reports created in the Report Manager. Levels of sharing are the same as for assessments. School, District, and Admin level users have the option to keep a Custom Report private, to share with specific users, or make it public for all users in the district or school.
- Student Group: Controls the level of sharing of Student Groups created in the Group Manager. Levels of sharing are the same as for assessments. School, District, and Admin level users have the option to keep a Student Group private, share with specific users, or make it public for all users in the district or school.
- Claims, Targets and Standards (for Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium districts) - Toggle 'Yes' to view claims and targets for ELA and Math publisher item bank content in assessment setup > standard mapping and in reports.
Auto Item Name Generation: For users who author their own Items in a Work Space, an auto naming convention may be selected. This will maintain consistency within the user’s My Work Space, the School Work Space and associated Item Banks, and the District Work Space and associated Item Banks.
- Use System Generated Item Names: Toggle the setting from Yes to No to disable the manual item name creation process and activate the auto naming convention across the district as per the selections made below. [Note: The minimum Auto Item Name Generation required fields are pre-selected and cannot be removed. Additional selections can be made to further customize the name.]
- Fixed Two Character Prefix (optional): As shown in the example, this is an optional feature that can be added to the beginning of the item name.
- Use/User Codes (required): The checked codes must be used. Click on the green circle "+" sign to create custom Use/User codes.
- Subject (required): The subject will be chosen during the item creation process.
- Grade Level (optional): Only one grade level may be selected during item creation.
- Course ID # (optional): Only one course may be selected during item creation.
- Seven Digit Number (required): Select Sequential or Random.
- Display Between Sections (required): Select a dash, period, or space.
- Activate System Generated Names: Click to enable. A confirmation message will appear. Click Yes, Activate System Generated Names, or cancel.
Items created prior to the activation of System Generated Names will not be affected.
Prevent Student and Parent Login - This option temporarily disables access to the Student and Parent Portal. This also includes accessing portal through Clever, Classroom, or other SSOs.
- Toggle to 'Yes', to prevent students and parents from logging in to the Student Portal and Parent Portal. When left at the default 'No', students and parents will be able to log in to their respective portals.
Professional Learning Communities (PLC) Access
- Name - Determine the name that will be used for the concept of group collaboration. Users who are part of a collaborative group can work with group members to create items, create and administer assessments and view data for students in the group.
- Data Access - Determines the student data that will be available to staff members of the collaborative group within Reports. Selecting Non-rostered students will show data for students not rostered to the teacher. Deselecting Non-rostered students will only show data for students rostered to the teacher.
- Determine the name that will be used for School Group collaboration.
- Click Save to save any changes made to System Properties. A message will appear confirming this action.
- Click Update District Defaults & My Preferences, or Cancel.